“Good mexican food, service a little slow”

Elena's Mexican Grill
Ranked #21 of 73 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (828) 650-0999
Description: (828) 650-0999
Reviewed 2 July 2013

It took a little while for the waitress to come and take our order, but when she did take it, she allowed us to modify our meals. I wanted a plate with an enchilada and a chile relleno, which wasn't on the menu. She very happily obliged. My sister ordered fajitas without green peppers and though the made it for her that way, she said the fajitas had very little flavor. She said she could have just been eating chopped up steak.

The chips and salsa were good, but not the best I've ever had. I have a feeling that the salsa is from a can.

The beans and rice were very good and had a lot of flavor.

If asked if I would come back, I might... but I'd likely try some other restaurants in the area first.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We were visiting from Michigan and looking for a good Mexican restaurant. We stopped into another restaurant to see if they served Mexican they did not and recommended Elena's. We were very pleasantly surprised. I thought the food was very good and that the price was right. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Asheville and we hope to come back.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I went to elena's tonight for a quick dinner. Some things have changed. The portions are much smaller than before. Still good, just smaller. Also the salsa was like water. Guess they are trying to cut back expenses. Wouldn't take family from out of town here but as a local not a bad spot to grab a bite.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Frequent this restaurant. Food has always been delicious and service is great. Salsa bar has many choices. Better than papas and beer!!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

This is a good Mexican place in Asheville. The food is good, I had a chicken chimichanga and it was delicious. The chicken could have been a little spicier, but it was a good flavor. I like hot stuff, so a little salsa did the trick. My grandson had chicken tenders and he ate them all. He asks us when we are going back so he can get them again. The margaritas were okay, they could have been stronger. Overall we really enjoyed it. We will go back. It's a locally owned restaurant, not part of a big chain. I prefer to support local businesses when I can.