“One of our better Olive Garden experiences”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of our better Olive Garden experiences”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went on a busy Saturday night. Were seated immediately and tended to by our wonderful server Chris. He took such good care of us. Gave us suggestions. Catered to our children and made our dinner a delight.....oh and the food was great as usual too!

• Visited September 2013

Forest City, North Carolina, United States
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My family and I came here to eat Tuesday evening. We are always satisfied with our OG experience, but not this time. We waited a few minutes to be seated, which is fine...I know how it is. The hostess got our drinks because the server was busy, which, also, I understand, but we didn't get so much as a hello until he came to take our order. We ordered our appetizers and food for our two boys. We got calamari and the fonduta. While the fonduta was perfect and is always our favorite, the calamari was rubbery and overcooked. Someone needs proper training on how to prepare calamari. The boys LOVED their spagetti and meatballs, and happily ate it up. WE asked to have our food boxed up because our boys were ready to go, so I didn't get to eat the entree until later. Let me go off on a tangent. A few weeks ago we ate at another location and I had a wonderful dish and wanted to have it again. The server quickly told me that they didn't serve that item at all, and didn't even have the pasta to make it. Funny how I saw another menu item with that exact pasta on the menu, and the ingredients were staples for OG, so I knew they could make it. I was very disappointed that I couldn't get what I wanted. Even more disappointed that the server either lied because he was busy and didn't want to have a complicated order, or just didn't know the menu and didn't want to ask someone else if they could do that. As I know from working in the service industry for a long time, the answer is always yes. Whatever it takes. I certainly did not get that service this time. So, reluctantly I ordered the Shrimp Mezzaluna. Bad decision. The "ravioli" barely had any filling at all, and what was in it, was very bland. the sauce was dried out and the shrimp was overcooked. So not only was I disappointed that I couldn't get what I originally wanted, I was disappointed again when the dish I ordered was not what I expected from Olive Garden. We definitely won't be trying this location again.

• Visited August 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“Just like the others”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Nothing special. This was just like the other locations in this chain. Food was average and service was average.

Visited August 2013
Waynesville, NC
“SHORT WAIT, GREAT SERVICE & FOOD”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had been at the Mountaineer Antique Auto Car Show all day at the WNC Ag Center and wanted to relax with a good meal. This Olive Garden was nearby. We arrived right at the dinner hour and had a very short wait, maybe 10-15 minutes. It was crowded so we were realy surprised to get in that quickly on a Saturday evening. Our server was very attentive and we really didn't have to ask for anything, except some takeout boxes. Food was delicious and prepared as we expected it to be. My favorite meal is chicken parmesan and it's not available in a lot of restaurants and sometimes isn't that good at other places, but I always know I'll enjoy it when I'm at an Olive Garden. I especially like the endless salad & breadsticks - granddaughter goes for the endless soup. Where else can you get that???

• Visited July 2013
Mills River, North Carolina
“Not ready for prime time”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Relatively new location....not ready for a Saturday night. "Friendly & courteous did not exist. Painfully slow, slow service on everything and...and...the food sucked. I am a semi-regular Olive Garden customer in a number of states and for years. Hell, after this experience the near-by McDonalds would have been better. Definitely the J&S Cafeteria right down the road. Plus this location has severe competition from other chains and I believe they are already in deep trouble in things do not change.

Visited February 2013