“Don't go for atmosphere, go for the food!”
Review of Brooklyn Bro's

Brooklyn Bro's
Ranked #15 of 71 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Asheville, North Carolina
“Don't go for atmosphere, go for the food!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We started going to Brooklyn Bro's when it was still Roni's. It was a quiet place to go where you could talk with your friends. Last night the place was packed. Still has some of the best best pizza I've ever had. The calzones are excellent and not over packed. Salads are large. Try it. You'll like it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Theresa D

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Pizza! Even Better Garlic Knots!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great authentic New York style pizza. Friendly staff and family atmosphere. Prices where very reasonable. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Buck Y
New York City, New York
“New Yorkers rejoice!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Whenever New Yorkers leave New York, we do not expect good pizza. In fact, we expect bad pizza. And such had been my experience in the “metro” Asheville area. But that was OK, because I didn’t come to WNC for the food; I came for family. And a slice was always just a plane ride away.

I have never been one to lower my expectations so as not to be disappointed, but when it came to pizza in the “metro” Asheville area, let’s just say I felt like I was following Virgil and (with apologies to Dante) “abandon[ing] all hope….” Until, that was, I discovered Brooklyn Bro’s Pizza in Arden. ARDEN, of all places!!! Obviously, I was a little suspect, and it took me weeks to give it a try. But when that gorgeous accent answered the phone, my confidence in the brothers grew. So, I placed my order, gave my name and “917” phone number, and waited. “Hey! A New York number!” one of the brothers (presumably) replied. I was starting to feel pretty good about the potential for this meal.

My mom, my brother, and I hopped in the car and headed to Sweeten Creek Road. As soon as we walked in the place, we were greeted from behind the counter. “Hey, are you the New Yorker who ordered those pies?” Pies. And just like that, we were home. The brothers, it turns out, hail from Coney Island (thank God they got out because it’s overrun by Russians now), and have brought the authenticity of New York pizza to Arden. ARDEN!!! Admittedly, few people outside the 8 million New Yorkers understand or even relate to our obsession with pizza. In fact, some of the 8 million don’t even get it (search: Mayor De Blasio "Forkgate"). I get that the precise ratio of sauce to cheese and the perfect crispy-chewy texture of the crust may be lost on locals. But not for nothin’, I hope in my heart that they know they got a good thing.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank moombamimi
“Delicious NY Style Pizza!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Tried it out on the recommendation of a friend, and absolutely loved it. Delicious pizza pies, garlic knots, salads, and wings! If you are looking for pizza on the south side of Asheville, you will not find better than Brooklyn Bro's. Started literally by four brothers--and mom works there too. Very family friendly!

• Visited March 2014
Arden, North Carolina
“Come here for a great meal”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This place has excellent pizza and sub's. The prices are good and they have some really good ranch fries.

• Visited December 2013