“Great German Food”
Review of Black Forest - MOVED

Black Forest
Cuisines: German
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was my second trip to Black Forest, and it was as good as the first. You have to try the marinated olives - they're delicious. For my meal I had schnitzel, spaetzel, and German potato salad. All were very good, even though I'm not a big fan of German potato salad. Our server was very attentive and friendly, and she was patient with those in our party who didn't speak English. My only complaint is that the restaurant was a bit cold, but I think they turned the heat up halfway through our meal.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was very impressed by the extensive selections of German dishes. We had the sauerbraten which was excellent. The red cabbage side was the best I've ever eaten. The German potato salad was not very distinguished. I would certainly go again.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Have lived in Asheville my entire life and have not gotten to try the German food at Black Forest. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality. It was quite good. Very heavy, but that's what you're asking for with German food.

Appetizer - escargot. Very good hollandaise sauce and the rye bread/spread is fantastic.
Jaeger Schnitzel and the German sampler were great to share. We had to take it home in a doggie bag. Very large portions.
Great drinks, wine, beer.
Waitress was attentive and informative.
All in all, a great experience.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We decided to go out for dinner on New Years Eve. We made a reservation and were seated within 5 minutes. The atmosphere was festive and the Christmas music played as a nice backdrop to end 2013. The menu was extensive and we had trouble choosing an entree. The veal oskar was delicious and my husband had a platter with lamb chops, pork chop and duck. The sides were good as usual. The server was personable and attentive. I would totally recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank klou62
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We were pondering where to eat dinner tonight after the movies and we decided to give Black Forest a try. We are always up for something new and let me tell you we were not disappointed! Started of with delicious potato pancakes followed by German sampler plate and jaeger schnitzel for main course. Serving portions are huge! So well worth it. My husband also enjoyed Warsteiner draft beer. We will be back to try their lunch menu very soon.