“Perfect for hosting a party & Best German food ever!”
Review of Black Forest - MOVED

Black Forest
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Asheville, North Carolina
“Perfect for hosting a party & Best German food ever!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is among the best German food I've eaten in America. They provide fine dining as well as large party management. We hosted a surprise party last week and Shawn advised me on many details I wouldn't have thought of myself. Everything was perfect! I highly recommend them, for regular dining and special occasion parties.

• Visited May 2014

Davenport, Florida
“Good German Food”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is our second visit to this restaurant, since we are not locals. We both had wiener schnitzel veal with spaetzle. My husband had a chicken and spaetzle soup of the day and I had the potato pancakes as appetizers. Everything was very good, the wiener schnitzel was excellent. A bit pricey.

• Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Like being in the Old Country”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I grew up in a family that has German ancestry on both sides, so I view German type food as the comfort food of my childhood. Black Forest lived up to what I was hoping for. I ordered the saurbraten which came with four German sides, it was made perfectly and i left very full and happy. The service was good, but slightly slow and the food more than made up for it.

• Visited May 2014
Sumter, South Carolina
“Everything was perfect!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We tried this restaurant out with our friends who always make a point to eat here when in the area. The waitstaff was extremely attentive and knew their menu! We had potato pancakes and my husband and I shared the German sampler plate so we could try it all!! We each had a glass of German beer, then irish coffees and apple strudel to top it off. If you like German food (or even if you don't!!) I highly recommend this cute little place. We will be back!!

• Visited April 2014
“Love it!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Don't let the vintage old school German décor fool you, the food here is wonderful! The menu also has Italian & seafood dishes if you are not in the mood for German. They even have a great kids menu with more than the usual choices. The portions are large, food tasty, and servers and bus boy very friendly. I have passed this place many times & so glad we decided to try it for dinner last week! Will definitely be back!

Visited April 2014