“Definitely a must-do if you like German food!!!!”
Review of Black Forest - MOVED

Black Forest
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Magnolia, Mississippi
“Definitely a must-do if you like German food!!!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We loved this place! Went here for our fifth anniversary. We like trying different things, and have never tried german, so we picked this place. The food was excellent and the service was great. I had a local broiled trout which was wonderful and my wife tried the german beef tenderloin. I definitely recommend this place for a romantic and cultural experience.

PS - The german beer was great also!!

Tampa, Fl
“Amazing German Food”
Reviewed 10 October 2009

A short distance from Asheville and Biltmore Village, this restaurant was recommended by our B&B owner. We enjoyed it so much we went back for a second dinner which happened to be a night on witch all the German dishes were half-priced. Italian dishes are offered also but we loved the German entrees ...pork or veal schnitzel several different ways, sauerbraten, various wurtsts, all served with homemade red cabbage, warm potato salad, spaetzle. The schnitzel special I had was covered with a mushroom wine sauce and included a delicious potato pancake. I can't comment on appetizers because the portions were large and we wanted dessert.

Prices averaged $17 for pork, a couple dollars more for veal and ~$18 for sauerbraten. Italian dishes (veal marasala, parmagiana etc. were similarly priced.) The desserts, all $5.00 and made in-house are too die for! We loved the apple strudel and the chocolate mouse cake. Would have liked to try all six or seven selections. Many beers on tap.

The wine list of German as well as Australian and Californian wines was very well-priced. Lovely German atmosphere with a nice bar and large rear room for special affairs. Can't wait to go back to this area. Walked in without reservations on Sunday and Monday nights but would recommend them on the weekend as this is probably a popular place. Easily reached on Hendersonville Road, worth driving from Asheville and surrounding areas.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Black Forest Restaurant...Great German food!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

My fiance and I went to North Carolina this year. He lived in Germany when he was in the army so when we saw a German restaurant we had to stop. He said the food tasted just like it did in Germany! It was amazing. We ate Jager Schnitzel. It came with Spatzel which was very different, but also amazing in taste. We loved the restaurant so much that we booked it for our rehearsal dinner this Oct! We can't wait to go back.

Moscow, Russia
“My favorite place to eat in Asheville!”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I love the food, the atmosphere and drinks at the Black Forest. I have been going to eat there since i was a little girl. It is still the best place for a romantic and yummy dinner in Asheville.

Savannah, Georgia
“We liked it but didn't love it”
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I visited Black Forest with my parents while staying in Asheville. We were at a bar in downtown Asheville that had a German name so we assumed they would have German food and that wasn't the case. The bartender suggested Black Forest so we made the drive.
The restaurant itself is nice. Chalet style with German decor I guess. High ceiling, cuckoo clocks, and lots of rosmaling art work. Our server was super attentive, friendly and happy to give suggestions. We tried a little bit of everything. My dad had the German Sampler platter which we all tried, I had the pork Weiner Schnitzel (yummy) and my mom had the Sauerbraten. Everything was really good and the prices were very reasonable for a nice restaurant.