“Great hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Asheboro
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Trip Advisor recommended this hotel in 2011 and 2012, and it's easy to see why. Sanitation rating of 99.5%, very good service, sparkling clean and crisp rooms, VERY comfortable beds and quiet neighborhood. Looking forward to staying here again.

Green Features: Typical Marriott trying to do the right thing, and save energy & resources.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven J
Kristina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheboro, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Steven J, Thanks for your review! It is so nice that you recognized our efforts! We are super glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to have you as a guest again in the future, should you return to the area! Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Johns Creek, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife, five year old son and I spent one evening at this property ahead of our visit to the North Carolina Zoo. We stayed in a studio room to better accomodate my son's earlier bed time and provide him his own room of sorts. While these really aren't suites in the sense that the "living area" is truly separate from the bedroom by a wall and door (better described as 4-5' partition with no door), the room was actually very nicely appointed for a hotel in this class. I was pleasantly suprised given it was a $95 per night room. It had a very contemporary feel, exceptionally clean and quiet (room 335, which was the top floor in the back of the hotel). The mattress was excellent and the sheets very soft. The pillows were a bit small but comfortable. The shower has a Speakman shower head, which had good pressure and coverage. The breakfast was adequate, although I would have liked soda fountain options, since my wife likes a little coca cola in the am. They did offer water, milk and juice, however. The employee working the eating area was not at all friendly. I asked her if they had water, and she pointed to the pitcher without saying a word. She also looked like she could not wait for the several of us still eating to be finished as the 9am cutoff approached. I would easily recommend this property for what it is - a very nice, clean and well appointed hotel for its class. Keep in mind that there are also very few choices in Asheboro, and this is only about 10-15 minutes from the zoo as well as being around a number of restaurants.

Room Tip: Top floor in the back of the hotel may be a bit quiter. I had room 335.
Green Features: This hotel has a clear focus on being green and eco-friendly
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
cbwilkjr, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response, it is always appreciated. I am glad to see that there were several things that were pleasing during your stay. I do want to apologize for our staff making you feel anything less than welcome during your stay. We strive on making each guest stay memorable and enjoyable and are very displeased we let you down. I also wanted to mention that we do have "The Market" near our Front Desk that does offer additional beverages such as soda, in case you do choose to stay with us again in the future, your wife will know where to get her favorite morning beverage! But again, thank you so much for your feedback, it helps us improve our performance and focus on key guest satisfaction aspects. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should be return to the area. Have a wonderful day!
Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I planned a family trip to the zoo for Memorial Day weekend and chose the Fairfield based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. I actually only had a few small complaints about the room which is the fact the rooms don't have safes in them, and the clocks were incorrect (which gave me pause as I thought it was much later than it actually was).

However, I felt the staff needs a bit of coaching on talking to guests. I had my two toddlers with me who were both VERY excited about the 'new' room. My husband received a call that the kids were being loud and we quieted them down and put them to bed. About five-ten minutes later we got ANOTHER call saying if we couldn't "get our children under control" the caller would be "forced" to move us. As I said the kids were excited and if their play was bothering other guests we definitely wanted to know and the front deck SHOULD have called; I'm not debating that at all! However, by the second call they were IN BED, and most importantly it wasn't what she said it was HOW she said it. The caller's tone was very demeaning, she kept mentioning she just called and kept implying we couldn't control our children. Did I mention they were in bed at this point? I was so angry my husband just said to me to say 'Ok', hang up, and not to engage the caller so that is what I did.

Again, not shirking the responsibility to make sure the kids weren't bothering anyone else but I had a HUGE issue with the way that message was relayed to us. I’ll be spreading the word to all my Mommy group friends about my experience as I know several of them are planning trips to the zoo! I also sent a letter to corporate as I felt the situation was handled so poorly. Really spoiled what I had hoped would be a great weekend (well at least for me)!

Room Tip: The pool was very popular so I'd try to avoid the rooms near that location!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kristina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheboro, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
JorrieM,

I am so sad to hear of the issue you experienced during your stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Asheboro. I am truly sorry that we let you leave with such a bad taste. I apologize for any unfriendliness that our staff showed you and your husband. As the satisfaction of our guest is always our top priority, it makes no sense whatsoever to trade one guest happiness for another's. I do believe the conversation/call should have went very differently and we do apologize and will take a look deeper into this...If you would contact me via email or phone, I would love to speak to you about this in more detail, you can reach me via email at FFISASHEBOROOM@BPR-PROPERTIES.COM or at the property line 336-626-9197. Thank you! -Kristina Cooke, Operations Manager
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Being off the main road a little, everything was quiet, even on the first floor facing the front with the window open. The checkin and checkout staff was very polite and helpful and the folks working with the continental breakfast were friendly as well. My only complaint (and it's not really a complaint) is that the AC did not cool well. The room starting at 72 degrees and was 74 degrees by the time we checked out the next morning. It turned on and off a thousand times, but never really cooled. It had been a very hot day the day before though, so that could've contributed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jason T
Kristina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheboro, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. They are always appreciated and ever so useful in helping us determine any issue that you may have had. It sounds like there may have been an issue with the either the thermostat or the ac unit itself, and rest assured, we will have our maintenance technician look into that so as to correct the issue for our future guests, that we hope will include you should you return to the area! We are glad that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay. Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for the feedback!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this hotel after reading the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed! Wow, what a great find at a great price! The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable, the customer service was awesome and our three-year old grandson loved the indoor pool. The beds were much better than I expected and we slept well in our quiet room after a full day at the zoo. Highly recommend!

2 Thank tarheelgirl715
Kristina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheboro, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so glad that your grandson enjoyed the pool area! We hope you had a wonderful time at the zoo as well, and will stay with us again if you are ever in the area!
Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

As we arrived to the front desk, we were welcomed with a warm smile and they were very courteous. When we got to the room it seemed a little small but it was doable. The bathroom was nice and spacious. We went for a swim in the pool and took a dip in the hot tub which was nice since it was cold outside. A lot of the shopping you need is only a mile from the hotel so it is very convenient if you need to go to Wal-Mart or even with several restaurants nearby. The NC Zoo was less than 10 minutes from the hotel which was very nice. The breakfast was very good and fresh but you may wanna go early to avoid the crowd that it can draw.

Room Tip: If you are planning on going to the zoo and you know several months in advance, it will be wise to b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kristina C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheboro, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here in Asheboro as well as our property itself and enjoyed the breakfast! See you next time!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

If you want "neat, clean, quiet, and well appointed" then this is the stop for your needs in the Asheboro area. Staff is fluidly efficient, friendly, and available. Complimentary breakfast is very well presented. Fresh fruit available! Just off the main thoroughfare, the third floor odd numbered rooms provide pure silence on the backside. The Fitness Center has two treadmills and an elliptical. The built-in TV's work! The indoor pool is available for those with extra time. The outside small patio just off the pool is quiet and a great place to catch up with that reading you wanted to do. Among the best . . . give them an opportunity to serve your needs!

May want to check the fan in the bathroom in 302. Forgot to mention it's a little noisy! Minor issue obviously! Thanks for a great Asheboro home away from home.

Room Tip: Third floor lower odd numbers puts you into the "peace zone!"
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Byron H
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review for us! We are so glad that you enjoyed the ammenities we have to offer such as the fitness center and our patio area! So glad that you enjoyed the "peace zone" as you so named it! We hope to see you should you return to the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asheboro
Hampton Inn Asheboro
#3 of 6 in Asheboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 6 in Asheboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheboro? Share your experiences!