“Best Memories!”

Trails End Family Camping
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Asheboro
Trails End Family Camping
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Took my 8 year old son camping here. We stayed in a tent on the lake. The view was gorgeous. One of the best parts was waking up and trying to decipher the different sounds of zoo animals!!! The campfire already had stacked wood there thanks to the manager who knew a single mom was coming with her son. The staff really goes out of their way to meet your needs and make your trip a memorable one. We camped, fished and walked through the woods. My son is already asking to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Cass G

Reviewed 27 October 2013

After reading the reviews and lookign at google earth i was leary about this place. It doea have alot of seasonal campers but that is what made the experience great. It was closign weeknd. They had a bbq and trick or treating. Hayride for the kids. Everyone was awesome, I would have sworn we were seasonal campers and knew everyone the way they accepted us into their "family" for the weekend. I would definately go back again over some of the larger campgrounds in the area. Also cant beat the location if you have plans to visit the zoo. The Africa entrance as another one said is like a mile down the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Donald S
Reviewed 8 May 2011

My neighbor and I have brought our families here for two years in a row because of it's close proximity to the North Carolina Zoo (approximatly 1 mile from the Africa entrance). We enjoyed the atmosphere and the amenities so much last year that we had to come back. We will be back again next year and hope to bring more neighbors with us...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank gregkinney
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We stayed at this campground with our 26 ft travel trailer. On first appearance things looked great. They have a beautiful pavilion with free ping-pong, and basketball. They also had pool and air hockey for 50 cents and the check in process was really easy. It was when I got to my site that things went bad. The site was on the side of a very steep hill and very small. I had to back in and was just barely able to fit. I could not lower my rear jacks at all due to the angle of the hill. Basically the back side of my trailer was sitting on the bumper while the front was sitting 4 feet in the air. When they say primitive they mean it, I couldn’t get the trailer to level completely due to the angle and the rocks ( I mean big jagged rocks) . I couldn’t open my awning due to the tree trunks and our site had no room for the kids to play. As far as the atmosphere you have to keep an open mind. There are a lot of “permanent” sites that had trailers on them from the 50’s and 60’s with beautifully landscaped 20x20 decks permanently attached to them. This is fine it was just a new concept to me. And honestly you could hardly hear the Harley Davidson motorcycles crank up at 11 at night. The playground consisted of a backyard swing set, and the pool was interesting. My family rather enjoyed trying to interpret the multiple array of tattoos that were on display. Luckily we were only there because of it’s close proximity to the NC Zoo so we only there in the late afternoons and evenings. Honestly for 20 bucks a night it wasn’t real bad but I don’t think I would stay here again unless I really had to. If you are looking for something for your family you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank bubba051
Reviewed 5 April 2009

Just returned from a night at the Trails End Campground in a tent. We stayed in site 77, by the lake at the back. It had a beautiful view. They call this their primitive sites. There is a fire ring but no water or electric. It is an uphill hike to the bathhouse. We drove when we needed to go up there. The kids could walk down to the lake and fish and we could see them from the site. It felt secluded, even though we could see our neighbors. Everyone was very friendly and waved as they passed. The owners had a weinie roast this weekend as it was their opening weekend. They made us feel very welcomed and it was fun. The kids enjoyed basketball on a small court, foosball and ping pong. The showers in the bath house were hot. We did not catch any fish but sure enjoyed the view. We can not wait to go back again for more family fun! By the way, there is a pool. It was not open yet due to the season but was covered and seemed to be well taken care of.

13  Thank NC5Travelers