“Great zip line experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Asheboro
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great zip line experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This was the first zip line trip for my daughter and me. The guides, Jake and Josh, made it very interesting. They were constantly cutting up with everyone to put you at ease. The zip lines seemed very safe and had some beautiful scenery around. The lines were approx. 30 ft or so off the ground which was high enough for us and offered a great first time experience!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Joan R

Asheboro, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Although I do not do heights, my experience at Richland Creek Canopy Tours was an absolute highlight of my life. I felt so secure in the harness that my fear of heights was not even a fleeting thought throughout that day. Going in the peak of the autumn leaf color would be something to consider when planning a trip.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank fansofrainforest
Asheboro, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

A little on the pricey side but the experience is great. Our guide was a bit on the arrogant side and was quite impressed with himself, but overall it was a great ziplining experience.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank MikeandSue27204
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Terrible customer service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

My sister, cousin and I made a reservation for a 3:00 tour. We drove over sn hpur to get there. We showed up 15 minutes like we were told to do. There was a large group there that had showed up with 20 more people than they were supposed to have. We kept being told 10 more minutes and we'll get to you. After this went on for 45 minutes, it was now 3:40 so we asked how long the tour last and was told 1:30 - 2 hours. We would not be in before dark. I told them how far we had driven and now we couldn't go. Nothing but a $5 discount was offered for our inconvenience. They acted lime they could care less. Terrible customer service!! Go to another zipline company!

Visited November 2013
10 Thank CCoyne224
Mebane, NC
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Nice adventure. Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is a Mom&Pop place with enthusiastic guides who are probably having just as much fun "working" as you are playing.

This is my second zipline experience, although this is my first which includes a series of lines through the woods. My teens (and wife) really enjoyed it and at about $40/person you will not be able to get a deal this good for ziplining in our area. The guides were funny and were real showmen ("show-offs").

One review mentioned the safety as an issue because you are not connected to a second line when they disconnect you from the first line on the platforms (i.e. you are on the platform and not connected for a very brief amount of time (less than one second)). I did not feel unsafe since the platforms are quite large and wide, and sturdy. The zipline experience I had previously had platforms which were "crazy small" that you really need two lines so you are always connected. That was not my feeling here at Richland. We were a group of 10 total, and they sent 4 guides total which also made me feel safe.

Tour was about 90 minutes (or so).

Visited August 2013