“Wonderful Taste”

Cuisines: American
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Wonderful Taste”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I can't say enough about Don and his staff. Opened the doors for me on the day the restaurant was closed for a after funeral luncheon. I could not have asked for more. Eat inside or out, food was wonderful. We wanted for nothing. His family run restaurant, made my family and friends feel like we were invited into his home. It was special beyond words. I made all the arrangements from out of state knowing nothing of the quality except from trip advisor. Extremely satisfied!

3 Thank Bonnie B

Garner, North Carolina
“Yummy”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Best fried chicken ever (besides my mom's, of course). Not greasy at all. Collards were out of this world and the potato salad, delicious. Don't forget the corn bread. We were greeted by the owner, and the service was excellent.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Susan L
“Best home cooking in Asheboro N.C.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We made a point to make it to this restaurant before it closed on May 14 2014 . We got there about 6:30 pm. The fried chicken was so good. Not greasy at all. We had the best collard greens in town. The yams was sweet and flavored with butter and cinnamon. And the corn bread was a crowd pleaser for my husband. We stop here and eat everytime we travel. My husband and I talked to the husband and wife owners. They love to talk to out of state people. They love when you brag on their food and their waitresses.

4 Thank ffosn
Montrose, Co Usa
“Southern Fried Chicken Done Right”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were told we had to have chicken when we were going to the South. So I looked for a restaurant reviewed on TripAdvisor when in Asheboro, North Carolina. Magnolia 23 is a small family run restaurant with limited hours so be sure to check with them. The menu changes and you will see it on a black board before you sit down. We all had to try the Southern Fried Chicken. What a treat! Juiciest non greasy chicken I've ever had. This place is on my list for the next time I am in Asheboro. We arrived at 5:30 PM and the place was almost full. We served efficiently by a friendly staff. I had the Southern Fried Chicken with corn bread, yams and (sorry forgot the other side) with strawberry short cake & ice cream for desert. The bill was under $25 for my wife and me. I was pleasantly full. My buddy who has a huge appetite didn't think he had enough but for the price and quality you can't beat it and at that price he could have ordered more.

4 Thank ChocolateTraveler
North Carolina
“Perfect Southern Food!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The food reminds me of Grandma's on Sunday - southern country cooking at its best.. nothing fancy just tasty. Small but nice atmosphere, great friendly service, Reasonably priced, menu changes daily. They even have an outdoor seating. We live in the area and was looking for something new to try and so glad we did, we plan to be back soon!! .

2 Thank PureHagar