“Great Place in a Small Town”
Review of Magnolia 23

Magnolia 23
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Asheboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We wandered into this lovely place while passing through Asheboro. We were greeted by a friendly staff and served our meals within 5 minutes of ordering. The menu was simple (3 meat dishes and 11 sides available). It was delicious! The charming owner came by our table for a quick chat. We will make a special trip back to eat here for sure.

4  Thank K W

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were on our way back from the beach and looked on trip advisor for a restaurant in Asheboro, NC and found Magnolia 23. The restaurant is a small, quaint place that serves fresh, homemade from scratch food. Even though their Saturday menu did not include the fried chicken and collards that I had read about, they served it to us anyway. Now that is service. Service that you do not find in chain restaurants. The food was delicious. My husband had catfish and potato salad. Both very delicious. The owner (and cook) and his wife came over to talk with us several times. It is definitely a place that we will visit again. When we were paying, we saw they had persimmon pudding. I have never seen persimmon pudding in a restaurant. Yum! If you love southern food, you will definitely like this place.

4  Thank Lu Ann B
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I can't say enough about Don and his staff. Opened the doors for me on the day the restaurant was closed for a after funeral luncheon. I could not have asked for more. Eat inside or out, food was wonderful. We wanted for nothing. His family run restaurant, made my family and friends feel like we were invited into his home. It was special beyond words. I made all the arrangements from out of state knowing nothing of the quality except from trip advisor. Extremely satisfied!

3  Thank Bonnie B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Best fried chicken ever (besides my mom's, of course). Not greasy at all. Collards were out of this world and the potato salad, delicious. Don't forget the corn bread. We were greeted by the owner, and the service was excellent.

3  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We made a point to make it to this restaurant before it closed on May 14 2014 . We got there about 6:30 pm. The fried chicken was so good. Not greasy at all. We had the best collard greens in town. The yams was sweet and flavored with butter and cinnamon. And the corn bread was a crowd pleaser for my husband. We stop here and eat everytime we travel. My husband and I talked to the husband and wife owners. They love to talk to out of state people. They love when you brag on their food and their waitresses.

4  Thank ffosn

Been to Magnolia 23? Share your experiences!