“Excellent Food”

The Table
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Asheboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: For Labor Day Weekend, we are giving our wonderful staff some well-deserved rest. The Table (Asheboro) will be closed Sunday, Sept. 3-Wednesday, Sept. 6. We will re-open at our normal hours on Thursday, Sept. 7.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Everything we had was excellent! We went there for dinner and had the crab and corn chowder, which was loaded with crab and very tasty. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful. Excellent latte and dessert as well. Their coffee beans are roasted here in North Carolina.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The line was about 20 deep to order. Polite waiters and waitresses were excusing themselves as they hurriedly carted aromatic brunch items to the jealous delight of everyone waiting.
I tried to get my wife to order three entree for the two of us, but cooler heads prevailed.
I ordered the grits that served as base camp for the shaved ham, collards and pimento cheese.
It was a southern fusion at its finest. My wife ordered the shaved roast beef sandwich which, although quite good, did not measure up to my deified creation. We did order pastry and coffee as we lingered in the restaurant that was part Restoration Hardware and part Parisian Bakery.
The pastry was perfectly sinful. Every small town deserves a delightful surprise like The Table.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've eaten here many times & i haven't had anything that was not delicious! The atmosphere is comfortable & welcoming. Food is made with fresh ingredients & prepared extremely well. Bread & pastries are baked daily and are delightful. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I hear that they have wonderful coffee. It is "counter" service - order at the counter, get drinks from barista & seat yourself. Employees are very customer-oriented & make you feel like family. I highly recommend The Table anytime you're in (or anywhere close to) Asheboro.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Outstanding lunch. My husband had the Cubana sandwich with corn relish. Huge sandwich with think sliced juicy pork, a Cuban salsa and mustard on home made bread.....it was tasty and filling. We brought half home with us.
I had the stuffed crepe, filled with ricotta with orange zest and a blueberry compote and bacon. The filling was a refreshing change not too sweet or tart but perfect with the blueberries. Exactly what I needed for lunch. Very busy at lunch time but prompt personal service with owners stopping by the table to make sure everything was ok. Staff said menu changes often so we will make this short drive again for a great lunch. Thanks to The Table for serving great food in a comfy atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've had breakfast and lunch at The Table and was extremely pleased... Asheboro is so lucky to have such a fine establishment. The breads and pastries are exceptional... the staff very friendly. The only negative thing I have to say is that it is such a popular place you might have to wait a bit... but then you can use that time looking around this beautifully restored building... pay special attention to the paintings. They also carry Savannah Bee Company products and some wonderful teas... also love their signature t-shirts. You will not be disappointed... and make sure to take home a pastry or two.