“Stay Away!!”

Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I recently booked a room here at Palm Suites of AB and it was horrible. According to the pictures on the website the rooms look great but, this is totally misleading. The rooms are dirty and out of date. The couch in our room had stains everywhere, dust covered the tvs,the bathroom was disgusting. None the less, I left after 45 minutes of walking in this room. Do not waste your money, spend an extra 30 dollars and stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindi J

Reviewed 4 February 2012

If you looking for a cheap place to stay...then here ya go....but you get what you pay for in this case. Don’t expect the customer service to be good at all. It's almost like you bother them to be there. The rooms are super cute...but could be cleaned a little better. We were there in the off-season January so I expected things to be quiet, but they did not even have any overnight staff and the building is not secure. We locked ourselves out of the room one of the evenings we stayed and had to call an after hours service number...no one answered so I left a message with my cell number, when the gentleman called I could tell he was irritated...when he arrived 30 min later he had a very bad attitude...my friend with me thanked him and the gentleman rolled his eyes...I very politely informed him that he did not need to have an attitude that I was sorry we locked ourselves out, but that this is his job as the after hours person and we should not get an attitude from him. Having three rooms for our group, the value was worth it, as we were only in the rooms at night to sleep and shower. However I may think twice before putting our group here next time.

Room Tip: You will want a Sound Side room and be sure to look at floor plans to see what type of beds are in t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank WillandDonNC
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed during the seafood festival. Had a great time all weekend. The staff was very nice and gave us directions to the festival.

Room Tip: The sound side was great cause we had a view of the water.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Kelly L
Reviewed 17 September 2011

If you don't mind staying in a place that may not be cleaned well and/or accessorized with modern amenities, then this place is great for the money. I stay with my son for one night (prior to an early rise for a fishing trip). Thank God his mother wasn't with us! I requested the BEST available. I cannot honestly tell you if it was the best or the one they cared to rent the most.... Bottom line- every unit is different. You may stay in a really nice owner's unit and think I'm crazy. You may have young kids filled with sand and think its fine. But if you like to stay in a place that you know is clean and kept current, you are "rolling the dice". This place would be better if we could preview each suite on line before renting. I'm a hotel snob- never again... unless I'm fishing with my son, nothing else is available, and mom is not with us!

Room Tip: I wish I knew a good tip to choose a new room but I'm afraid its a dice roll....
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We walked in around 1 am trying to find a nice place to stay. As we walked in, a young couple was standing at the front desk with the guy behind the counter cursing and yelling at them. They informed us that they had found bed bugs in their room and the hotel staff was acting in this manner. We have stayed here once before and its a nice place but I and anyone I talk to will not be going back due to the staff treating customers like they did and bed bugs!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Priscilla E
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed in unit 212 on the side facing the pool and sound. Quiet in the hallways and around the pool area since it was a Thursday evening. Unit was nicely decorated and had a good view. Ample parking and great access to the sound if you wanted to launch a small boat or kayak. Unit had a few issues and needed the bathroom updated and repaired (unattached/broken sink knob, toilet continually ran water, 3 live ants in shower, no bath mat to use on floor). Kitchenette needed light over sink/fridge/microwave area, carpet had at least 3 visiable soiled spots, no source of light in entryway/foyer. There are 4 lamps in the unit due to lack of overhead lighting (only 1 small track light). Bring your own bed pillows unless you like extremely flat ones. Patio door curtian and bedspread appeared clean, bright and tropical looking. No unpleasant smell and nice to have access to hair dryer/ironing board/storage safe and coffee pot. You will need to ask front desk for coffee supplies if you want any. Kind of disturbing to find out most of the facility including the pool is built into the marsh and has standing water under and around them....

Room Tip: Prices drop August 15th
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WolfpackFan4ever
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The room looked just like the pictures that I saw online. I read the reviews before going and realized that we had a 50/50 chance. We requested a disabled-accessible room and were well-accommodated. My husband, four children and I fit in the room comfortably. The two queen beds and twin sleeper sofa were just right for us. The kitchenette (sink, mini-fridge, and microwave) allowed us to eat sandwiches and hot-pockets to save money! We loved the pool which we basically had to ourselves. The children also enjoyed going out by the boats - it was very relaxing.

The short trip to the beach (we could have walked) was a plus and it only costs $10 to park all day. Parking after 1:00 PM is only $5 and is free for disabled persons.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank chigirl65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Sandpiper Motel
Sandpiper Motel
#9 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!