“Good service but room could be better”

Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Good service but room could be better”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

A group of six friends stayed at the Palm Suites for a weekend get-together. We brought our boats so were excited about the bonus of the free boat ramp and slips. However, the ramp is very narrow and the slips have no ropes or pulleys for docking and it is not floating docks. I understand it was free with rental, but it was very difficult to secure our boats.

The front desk staff was very helpful and the property was well kept. Our rooms were clean and neat. However, as other reviews on here state-room 104 is lacking. There is only a 19 inch (if that big) TV and stains from front to back on the carpets. Also this room is right by the parking lot and pool so is probably loud in the summer. The other two rooms were definitely nicer. I would recommend a room on the end of the building away from the pool.

All in all, it was a great time and the rooms are very well equipped, but keep in mind they are privately owned, so ask questions about the specific room you are assigned to make sure it will have everything you expect.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104 if you want to see the television.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank goheels120

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kenansville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I usually stay in a "chain" hotel while down on business but had pretty much gotten disgusted with the local HIE down there. I tried this and loved it! I would have given it a 4.5 because the blinds over the sliding glass door did not work well and the light from across the street (ABC Superstore) shown into the sleeping area (think the Seinfeld episode with Kramer and the Kenny Rogers Chicken). The place was clean and really pretty. Each room is individually owned so some may not be as nice as others but I asked the guy at the desk to pick me out one that he thought would be good and I was very pleased with it. The room I was in was equipped with everything I would need if I wanted to stay for a week. Now, don't expect the great big fluffy towels and the shampoo and body wash you'd get at a chain hotel. And, take your own hair dryer but otherwise I'd highly recommend it. As a matter of fact, planning to reserve a room in November for several nights for a getaway with my husband.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures in the gallery and if you see something you like, ask the person at the hotel t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I came here from California during the Seafood Festival - Oct 4-9 and to visit family. The first room (#216) we had wasn't cleaned well; therefore, William moved us to @ 216 which was very nice and made sure we were happy. The staff was very pleasant; Michael who checked us in was very professional. There was another gentleman at the front desk who was helpful as well. The housekeeper was courteous and to let her know if we needed anything.

We highly recommend Palm Suites and will come back again. We had a nice view sound view!

Room Tip: Room 214 on the sound side was quiet with beautiful view. The a/c units are a little loud but not un...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeNaomi
Yorktown
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We came down for the Seafood Festival - Oct 5th -8th and stayed at Palm Suites. Not really knowing what to expect, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was spotless, pleasant people at front desk and the grounds/pool seem well maintained. This was a perfect location and great room for 2 people. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yktntraveler
North Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My friend and I got Room 132 at this low-cost condotel. It was a brightly-decorated bi-level room with two double beds on the upper level and a small table and chairs plus a small sofa in the lower area. Just enough separation was provided to let one person watch TV while the other slept or read. The desk people were very accommodating both on the phone and in person. Everything was perfectly clean and pleasant. The room suited two old friends but would also be good for a couple with two young children. I don't know what the other rooms are like, of course, but ours was perfectly fine.

Room Tip: If you enjoy fresh air, Room 132 is great. Just turn off the noisy air conditioner and open the slid...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank marilynpearl
Zebulon, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed here during the Days Inn days until a friend bought a litlte place in Emerald Isle. Since he sold it 4 years ago started staying here again. Very happy with the price and clean room. The staff here is great, and Michael Spencer, the manager, is on top of things. me and my wife got married on the dock here in April. If you are looking for a great time at the beach, come on down for a stay. Michael and Mikki Barham

Room Tip: We stay in rooms 136 or 138, both very nice rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michael b
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

Our friends were having a wedding and this was the hotel they were staying , so I called to make reservation , man on phone was very short with me,booked anyway ,then I had a month to read bad reviews , I gave stars because it wasn't that bad ,When we arrived , both men were at front desk, and were very nice. We had room 247 , it was $99.46 a night , was clean and very cute with flamingos everywhere ,ac was cold :) we didn't go swimming there but pool looked ok, best feature is boat dock area ,we all stayed out there fishing late night !! For a beach hotel , it was just what we needed !!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Hipchik69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!