We are currently at the Place at the Beach. The grounds are beautiful—well maintained landscape, clean outdoor, indoor pool and hot tub and nice gameroom. Our room, however, is deplorable. My husband and I spent 5 hours cleaning and $30 in cleaning supplies. The carpets were dirty and stained. We found the vacuum cleaner-it was a bagless system full of dirt. We had to take it outside and hose it down before using it. The kitchen floors were sticky and dirty, food was stuck on the counter tops, and dirty dishes jammed in the cabinets. The bedrooms sheets were dirty and hairy. All the furniture and plastic plants had cakes of dust on them. The mini blinds are the old style which presents choking hazards—I had to throw the chords on top of the drapes to keep my 3 year old son safe. The bathrooms counters and floors were dirty and hairy, and the bathtubs had grimy rings in them. We were left with 4 holey towels. There was only one operating light bulb in each bedroom and bathroom. Trash and clutter was jammed into bedroom closets and the bar cabinets, including moldy coconuts, dirty dishes and old papers. Other miscelaneous items--rusty patio furniture, broken handles on dresser drawers, peeling wallpaper, and dirty stained walls. Last night, we found our first roach, so we are out of here! The name of the rental agencies is Beach Vacation Properties, and believe it or not, this is the owner’s personal condo! We called the second day we were here and they offered to return $75 in cleaning fees, but would not send any linens for another week. They also said they wouldn't clean until we vacated the premises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Place at the Beach III is managed by VRI (Vacation Resorts International) which is a management company based in California. A little information about the property: The resort has 279 units of which 98 are timeshare units and have recently been renovated. We have a putt putt course on site, ping pong, tennis,basketball, shuffle board, corn hole, lawn bowling, ladder golf, disk golf, new playground, private beach access,board walk to the beach, Indoor pool, Outdoor pool with a water slide. We have an outdoor hot tub and an indoor hot tub. During peak season we have an on-site store, pig picking, pizza night, taco night, and painting. On Site Security will ensure you have a safe and fun family vacation. We hope you visit our property and enjoy your stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your A Place at the Beach III reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Place At The Beach Iii Hotel Atlantic Beach
- Place Beach Iii
- a Place At The Beach Iii Atlantic Beach