A Place at the Beach III
US$134
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$100
Great 4.5/5
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$94
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
US$86
US$80
Good 3.5/5
Oceanana Family Motel(Atlantic Beach)
US$65
Excellent 5/5
Hollowell's Motel(Atlantic Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Peppertree Resort(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswater slidesoutdoor pooltennis courtstime sharethrough rciliving roommini golftrundle bedputt puttdining tablefirst floorocean viewoff seasonmorehead cityfull kitchenunitelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nice location on the beach in walking distance to a state park. Has two pools, one indoors. Time share condos are clean but dated. Appliances are 20+ years old. The unit we stayed in is billed as a 2 bedroom but one room fits only a twin bed. Kitchen is cramped. Unit needs a face lift but it was clean.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimber B, Manager at A Place at the Beach III, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us here at APATB. I hope that you enjoyed the beach , Fort Macon and the lovely weather we have been having. We will have updates on all the upcoming renovations to our resort in 2014 posted here on Trip advisor. We hope you will come and visit with us again soon. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This place has it's ups and downs. We stayed in a 2BR unit and it was spacious with a nice balcony overlooking the ocean. The inside of the main unit building was unlike any I've ever seen. It's an open concept with walkways between the different units, on stilts, and open air. It was totally charming.

The units are dated, with thinning carpet and dated furniture, and it has old fashioned key locks, but that kind of thing doesn't bother me, as long as it's clean and has the amenities I need. It does, and our 2BR unit had a washer & dryer, which is always a plus. The nightstand in our bedroom had a broken drawer. The place is OLD. Before you go further, understand that I honestly had no problems with the unit, but I had to tell the truth.

Here are the downsides: First, I am a timeshare owner and this was a trade. There are no beach towels provided and no towel exchange! Really? We actually had to go to the local beach store & buy a towel for the pool! When I complained about this to other people, they looked at me like I was from another planet. Apparently, they're all 'owners' and they are prepared for this. I tried to explain that people who travel on planes or from another country, especially, are not going to come equipped with beach towels. They all thought I was some kind of uneducated rube for not knowing that I had to bring my own towel. I let it go, but...um....

I found the 'wrist band policy' kind of stupid. Instead of any kind of updated rubber wrist bracelet or other kind of 'user friendly' ID, they insist you wear this obnoxious rubber hair-type band with a big red or blue tag to show that you belong here and the guards constantly walk around and want to see it in order for you to be allowed at the pool. Apparently, they have a problem with locals strolling into the pool area from the beach. OK. I get it, but invest a few bucks into a modern method of ID.

Overall, I loved this destination and I really had no real issues with the resort, but it certainly wasn't anything special and given the hassle of beach towels and gulag guards at the pool, I probably wouldn't go back here if I had other options. Sorry. Just stating the truth.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank udogsgal
Kimber B, Manager at A Place at the Beach III, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your honesty on our Resort. In the year 2014 all the timeshare units will be renovated and we will have new roofs on the buildings. We unfortuneatly do not have the facilities on site for cleaning linens so that is why we do not provide a towel exchange. The bands are new as of 2013 and many of our owners/guests find them hastle free while on site and enjoying all our amenities however there are a few that are still not comfortable wearing them or have medical reasons why they need to hold on to them instead of wearing them. The Security officers that are onsite are here to maintain a safe and family friendly enviornment for our owners and guests. We hope that in the future you will return to APATB and have a better vacation. Have a great day!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The place is a little aged and in need of a face-lift. Having said that, this has all of the amenities for all ages. The grounds are lovely and the staff is very helpful and friendly. There are two huge pools, one of which is inside, hot tubs, basketball courts, putt-putt, picnic areas, and right on the beach. Our unit was clean and very comfortable. With only a few renovations, it would be perfect. APAB is conveniently located to many restaurants, shops, Fort Macon, Beaufort. Just beware of any sales pitches you may hear about.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bstrjh
Kimber B, Manager at A Place at the Beach III, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our resort. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

First visit to APATB III and had a great time! Unit 371 was where we stayed and it was clean, well stocked, and just fine for our family trip. Bonus that it has an in unit washer and dryer!!

There were four adults and one child so we had to juggle a little but but we knew that and had brought an inflatable aero bed along. Outdoor pool is fantastic and the slide a huge hit with our child! Indoor pool is in need of a major renovation as there are lights missing, cracked tiles and lots of black algae visible on tiles and under coping ledges.

Putt putt course and basketball fabulous and so great that you can borrow putters and balls free!! Playground equipment is a little dated and slightly hazardous but again, added value for sure! Great open field for kids to run!

Might be nice to see easily accessible recycling bins on each floor as its tough to have to run down three flights with stuff frequently.

Security and facilities staff are ALL friendly and personable.

Beach is gorgeous and full of treasures.

We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank SeaLevelMama71

We appreciate your feedback, and have addressed your concerns with the playground and the indoor pool area. We hope you visit APATB again soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We state here last year and although the unit (309) was not super clean, we decided to go back. The kids really like the amenities at his place.
This time the unit seemed more worn out. There are stains on the couches. The walls are brightly painted but that shows all the dirt on the walls. Also the trim is painted white but again, you can see all the dirt and hair on it. The shower in the master bath has a stained curtain (the inside one) and the drain backs up while you are in the shower, which is disgusting. His morning, we found a cockroach on he floor in the kitchen.
One of the reasons I picked his unit is because the rep for the rental company said it was one of the nicest. It does have updates, but cleanliness matters!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sarah P

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We hope you will come and visit with us again in the future.