“Nice place, lots to do!”
Review of Peppertree Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Peppertree Resort
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Plainfield,Il
“Nice place, lots to do!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. It is a remodeled resort, which means there are some imperfections in the condos. But, overall clean, well furnished, and had many appliances that other resorts do not offer(eg. Foreman grill, blender, mixing bowls, and more). Most rooms have a view of the ocean, we had a view from front and back decks.

The recreation part of the resort, AMAZING! You have 3 very clean and well maintained pools, one which is indoor heated. Plenty of seating at each, and tables too! Of course, the ocean which is very close from all rooms. They have a very knowledgeable and friendly rec. staff. There is basketball courts, tennis courts, small mini golf, fire pits, and out door seating ALL over the property. Games galore, movies and puzzles.
Landscaping was beautiful, feels like a tropical rainforest.

Location, depending on what you're looking for was great. Right outside the resort entrance and 1/4 block down is a shopping plaza. Great, since it rained and was cold. The plaza has a 4 movie cinema, grocery store, dollar tree, subway, and ice cream to name a few. Lots of stuff in walking distance. However, if you are looking for small costal charm, you need to go into Beaufort. Which is less than 15 mins, well in high season probably more like 25. Other area attractions, Fort Macon, ferry tours and aquarium.

Overall, wonderful staff, and lots to do rain or shine!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Stacey W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Peppertree Resort, Atlantic Beach. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, condo with ocean view. It was newly remodeled and attractive. The staff is friendly and committed to excellence. I'm pretty picky about cleanliness and even I was impressed! The linens are new and plush. Our only surprise was that we needed to take out the trash to the dumpster and strip all beds, gather towels and cloths, and wash all dishes (dried and restored to their shelf). It wasn't a big deal for us, but folks need to leave time to accomplish this task. We will go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SullyJr
Marion, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I live in the mountains, where allergies are causing major problems with my asthma. I brought my two sons with me alone, as my husband had to work. Peppertree Atlantic Beach made my stay so serene and healing, it was amazing. My asthma flare broke, I could breathe freely, and I totally enjoyed spending time at the resort and in the local community with my sons. I have always been too anxious to take a get-a-way without my husband, but this experience showed us that Peppertree made it easy, calm, and, most importantly to me, safe.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 16, on the end room closest to the ramp. It was a breeze to roll our luggage...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in a large two bedroom two bath on the 1st floor. We parked on the ground floor level and took the elevator to our floor. Three floors in our building. It is a short walk to the beach from the property and the beach is great. On the way to the beach there is a very nice sized covered area at the top of the dunes to rest, enjoy the scenery, and feel the wonderful breezes (although in winter this might not be so great). You need a car to get to the "sightseeing" areas such as Fort Macon which is well worth the trip. Our place was very well equipped. Peppertree is a timeshare resort, but we declined the tour and talk (and the free? gift). The staff always seemed to be working and friendly. This is great place to relax and unwind.

Room Tip: See if you can get one of the units closest to the beach access and save a lot of steps. Remember ma...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Sawmills NC
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Amazing room very clean and unusually shaped. Front desk helped us book a catamaran for the day and had an amazing BBQ offered at the resort. Had to do some walking from resort to get to the beach but well worth it. Loved that they offered beach chairs and umbrella at a great price. We walked to beach each morning to find them set up with our names on them and didn't have to carry them back and forth. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We asked for room near pool and it was very neat it was an octagon shaped room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have to admit that during the summer I will not pay the prices that Peppertree charge for peak season however in the winter this is a great place to gather a family or group of friends together. The condos are clean, the staff helpful even when it seems everybody shows up at the same time. During off season it is quiet and you are close to the beach (believe they have ocean front, however I have not stayed in one of these) . The area is nice to explore when the crowds have left the area. From Fort Macon the quaint Beaufort (the little historic area) it is always a nice place to relax and explore a little. For me all restaurants I enjoy are over in Beaufort so when I want to lock up the car and not touch my keys this place is great with a kitchen so we can snack or cook, and when I bring my Daughter and Granddaughters and want some peace and quiet I can go to the beach, the indoor pool, or into my room. I love having separate rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hjpoole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#5 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Peppertree Atlantic Beach, a Festiva Destination
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
#9 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Peppertree Resort? Share your experiences!