DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
“Mixed feelings ”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Husband and I stayed here for a long weekend anniversary getaway. Must say the location is perfect! It is Right on the beach and close to restaurants, grocery store, movie theater etc. We also really enjoyed the fact that the servers from the restaurant Mollies walk out to the beach to serve you food and drinks if you wish. Regarding the hotel itself, it could use a lil more updating. My issue was with the air conditioner in our room. It was very very noisy. I didn't ask to switch rooms, we just dealt with it. A huge issue with this hotel is with the customer service. At check in, the lady was not very pleasant! She gave me no information regarding the hotel (restaurant hours, etc) and she was very short with me. But she did give me a very delicious cookie :) so I let it slide.
But I am very disappointed with the housekeeping department. I left an item in the closet at checkout. I Called the same afternoon as my checkout to see if I could have the item returned. I had to leave a message and was told someone would get back to me ASAP. I had to call back every day, and finally reached the housekeeping manager today (5 days later). I was told that my item was not found by the housekeeping staff. I know that my item was left in that hotel room!! And I know it is my fault that I left an item, however I am very disappointed that my item will not be returned. Or, at least they could admit fault and attempt to right this wrong. The fact that I had to call Multiple times and leave several messages (that were never returned) is very frustrating. Maybe if I had been able to speak to someone the first time I called (just a few hours after checkout) I might would have my item.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Blc1229
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We apologize that your item was not located as well as for the other issues you ran into during your stay. We appreciate your honest feedback so we can better our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Everything went as planned. Since we were on motorcycles, we appreciated the security in the parking lot, especially at night. Nice view of the ocean. The bar and grill next door was convenient and hassle free. friendly service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel and how safe you felt!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here on a business trip in spring. The hotel was rather nice in the room space, quality, etc. Had an ocean view room and that was nice, able to see, hear and smell the ocean. Staff was a little aloof - not horrible, but not overly welcoming or friendly. What really is the selling point on this hotel though is the location itself - there is a boardwalk to the ocean right on the hotel property. Just lovely to be able to walk out and sit on the boardwalk/deck (There is a cute snack shop with seating area right there, though it wasn't open when I was at the property) and listen to the ocean. It wasn't super cheap, but met my expectations of what a DoubleTree should be and is definitely somewhere I would stay again.

Room Tip: Definitely try for OceanView!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank efm16
We're pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to having you back again soon!
Franklinton, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Rooms were nice. Staff friendly. Wish they had a breakfast bar like other hotels do. For the cost you'd think they would. Very noisy air conditioning systems. Thought it was only mine until I asked the other group of 10 families that were staying with us also and they said theirs was the same. Didn't sleep very well because of it the first night. Second night I was so exhausted from not sleeping the night before I didn't notice the noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us!
Burke, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The property at this hotel is great, but the service is incredibly lacking - front desk, dining, etc. very disappointing. I would not spend the extra money again to stay here; not a good customer experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Tricia M
We apologize that you felt our customer service was lacking and we sincerely thank you for letting us know so we can take the time to better train our employees. We hope this will not keep you from giving us another chance the next time you're in the area!
Lillington, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I came to this hotel for a work conference. The hotel was nice. The restaurants attached to it were okay in terms of food but price was too high and service was not that good. Overall the price was kind of high but the hotel was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Mooresville, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The room and entire facility was very clean. The staff were courteous. I attended a conference in the meetings rooms and they were average. The food was also average. No complaints here, but not "wowed" either. It is right on the beach, but not every room has a "great" view of the ocean like the website says. My balcony was only about 2 ft. wide, not much to stand or sit out on and relax.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're pleased to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope you'll come back to see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
#9 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!