“Cookies without bedbugs”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Older hotel, updated, clean, comfortable, not overly fancy just right, nice facilities, on the beach, great views, helpful staff, good linen, no bed bug evidence and the best cookies ever! Close to restaurants, aquarium, and other historic towns and marinas. Go see wild horses-beautiful!

1  Thank Michelle W
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We're pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The DoubleTree's Atlantic Beach Hotel did not live up to our expectations. The room had an oceanfront view but the windows where very dirty. Let alone the bathroom was not thoroughly because the floor behind the door was filthy. Then when ever the air conditioner unit would turn on and off during the night it would make a loud banging sound that kept us up all night long. We will not be recommending this hotel to our friends because of this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mamier2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and concerns. We appreciate you letting us know about the housekeeping issues so we can address them. We hope you'll choose to give us another chance the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We recently visited the Doubletree in Atlantic Beach, NC and it was a very nice hotel with very nice staff. The main reason for writing the review was to give kudos to Tabitha who was just a phenomenal waitress at the hotel restaurant. I am extremely picky and she was just wonderful. She went above and beyond and even bought a puzzle for my son that last day we were there. We asked for her every time we ate. We also had very good service with Bailey at Molly's Beach Bar there as well. Breakfast bar was great! My only complaint is that the first day there we ordered at Molly's and it took so long to get our food we left. There was only a couple of other customers there so really no excuse for the long wait. Also I asked for sweetener for my tea and they said they didn't have any! Otherwise good experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DZBett

Thank you for letting us know how much you loved Tabitha, we'll be sure to let her know how much she is appreciated :)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My stay was for business. I took my 83 year old mother and 2 small dogs with me. During the day my mother and dogs enjoyed watching the beach, pool and pier activities from the balcony. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed evening strolls on the beach. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with providing information about local sites to visit. I had a great stay because I was able to take my mother and "fur-kids" with me.

1  Thank Charlotte M

We're glad to hear that our hotel and staff were able to make your trip with your mom and fur-kids go smoothly!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The first night i stayed, i placed the breakfast card on my door so my order would be delivered between 7-7:15am the next morning. In the morning, when my breakfast was late i opened my door, and the card was still there! Called room service and no apology was given. They brought it, but it was late. While sleeping in my bed, i found kids socks in my bed! Tried to tell the maid but i don't think she understood much English. And the drink machine was not full so i had to go to other floors to get my drink.

2  Thank Elizabeth D

We sincerely apologize for the issues that you faced with room service and housekeeping. We have made management in both departments aware so that these issues can be handled immediately. We hope this will not keep you from coming back.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed June 6, 2014. Elevator is very noisy, smelly, and sounds like it may breakdown any minute. The room and bedding was nice. The AC unit in the room keep me awake all night because it sounded like a truck had just pulled into the room every time it came on. Also, the toilet must've had a leak because about every 30 minutes it would start running to refill the tank with water. The bathroom is also uncomfortable. You have to reach behind yourself for the toilet paper. It is really small and cramped. Since this hotel was recently re-opened after remodeling, I expected things to work smoothly and look newer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda S

We're sorry that you were not 100% happy with your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel so we're very thankful for you letting us know what we can do to make your next stay better.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel was well-maintained, clean and safe. Great location. Spring for the ocean-front rooms. It's worth it. The front desk staff was the nicest I've ever met in Atlantic Beach. Recommend this hotel for any travel purpose, but especially for families because of the pools and easy access to a great stretch of beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Sandpiper Motel
Sandpiper Motel
#9 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!