“Beach Trip”
Review of Caribbe Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Caribbe Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Beach Trip”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I know that there are so many great reviews on here and I wasn't going to add another but I thought "yes I will" as Trish was so personable and a joy to talk to. The Inn is comfortable and well maintained from the brightly colored room to how clean the rooms are. When we arrived early before check-in time the rooms weren't quite ready which was fine however what struck me the most was what Trish said. "Your rooms are not ready because I haven't done my "quality control". That spoke volumes to me that she checks all rooms after they have been cleaned to make sure her guests have the best experience at her inn. I can't say enough about the care and thoughtfulness that goes in to running a great inn. We will be back the next time we are in Atlantic Beach.

1 Thank Beth H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Our vacation is always something to look foward to because of the clean and friendly environment provided by Trish and Darrel. It is always a pleasant stay and we always enjoy meeting fellow fishermen that stay here. We love the convenience of the boat slip and the short walk to the beach. We highly reccomend this colorful vacation spot! Great family atomsphere. (Janet and Clay Walker)

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2012

when i arrived, the owner trish had already prepared my room for my arrival. the ac and ceiling fan were both turned on and i walked into a beautifully cool room after a 12 hour drive. trish is one of the friendliest yankee translplants i have ever met, and made me feel like i was THE customer she waited all day for.
from handwritten notes welcoming me to the island, to the coffee pot and filters placed in my room, i have rarely experienced such a friendly, accommodating experience in a motel or hotel ever before - and you cannot beat the beach access!!
i highly; no, strongly! recommend you consider the caribbe inn while you are on this fabulous island. i just bought a home here, and if i am lucky, i will look forward to a friendship with this terrific lady. i did not meet her husband; however, with a partner like trish, i imagine he is pretty terrific, too!!

Room Tip: no pool or restaurants, but the atlantic ocean is across the street and food within walking distance...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Cat K
Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Caribbe is an old, cinder block motel that is spotlessly clean and meticulously maintained. The interior and exterior are painted in bright colors with an ocean motif. The uncrowded, white ocean beach is a short 3 block walk from the motel. The town of Atlantic Beach is small and does not have the crowds one finds in many east coast beach resorts.

The inn has 2 boat slips a the end of a canal right next to the rooms. The slips are secure, safe, protected from winds, and minutes away from the ocean inlet.

Room Tip: Rooms are furnished differently. I recommend that you seek information about this to choose a room t...
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I've stayed here many times and am currently planning a trip back for a weekend. It's clean, the owners are friendly and nice as well as the staff, its within walking distance of the beach and very affordable. They offer efficiency suites with kitchens, fridge, pots & pans, dishes, etc which is GREAT if you plan to stay the week and want to save money on dining which can get expensive when you have kids. I truely LOVE this place and would recommend it to anyone!

Winston-Salem
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My fiance and I stayed 1 night at the Caribbe Inn. We wish we had longer to stay but we only had time for a quick getaway. It is a short walk from the ocean and close to shops and restaurants. The owners are friendly and welcoming and the room was clean. We are hoping to be back very soon and to be able to stay longer!

1 Thank CCBNC
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We spent Father's Day weekend here.....the owners are on site and the nicest people you will ever meet! The Hotel is very clean and well maintained....there are two boat slips and a dock for guests. Outdoor seating areas with charcoal grills where most of the guests just relax and actually talk to each other.....how many hotels do you stay at..and never talk to anyone except the front desk? You are also close to the beach..dining....and shopping. A 24 hour convenience store is next door...so anything you need is a short walk....

Oh....almost forgot...great prices!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#4 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Caribbe Inn? Share your experiences!