“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caribbe Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Caribbe Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Sanford, North Carolina, USA
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our son is a Marine and we were going to go to Emerald Isle for our anniversary and stop and see him on the way. He said he would try to get leave for the weekend but wouldn't know till last minute. I reserved our room with Trish who could not have been sweeter. I called her the week before we left and told her we might need another room but wouldn't know yet. I told her we were celebrating our anniversary when I was talking to her. Half way to the beach our son called and said come get me. I called Trish and asked if she had another room. She said no but their other hotel which was within walking distance. She said she would call and get a room for him. She called me back in a few minutes and said they have a smaller single room that was cheaper if he wanted it. I said that was fine . We got there and got checked in and got him checked in. Our room had a happy anniversary card and chocolates in it. That was such a sweet surprise. We enjoyed our visit with our son sitting outside in the swing looking out over the inlet. The beach was a short walk across the road and we could walk to several places to eat. Trish was so sweet and friendly. It was like staying with friends. The room was very clean and had extra fluffy pillows , the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. Their other hotel Hollowell's was really nice too. My son enjoyed his rest . We have a new place to stay at the beach.

Room Tip: Free wifi. Hair dryer, iron. Ironing board, cable, very good a/c
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We decided to stay 8 days at Caribbe Inn. The owners could not possibly be any nicer. I am pretty sure that our housekeeper was OCD because every time she cleaned up our room, it was immaculate. I think it was the highlight of the trip!! It was so clean and quiet. And right across from the beach. The children enjoyed how the room was decorated. It was so helpful having a full fridge and a kitchen so that we did not have to eat out every meal. I loved it being so close to Fort Macon. We were able to see the canon being shot. I very highly recommend this hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The owners were extremely friendly and pleasant. They offered extras like beach chairs, etc. Great thought was given to every detail of this property, the rooms were super cute and very clean. It was also very quiet at night. The outside offers lots of seating and the ability to grill. Very nice, the prices were TERRIFIC as well. I loved this place. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Trish and Darrel were great! WE were treated well and the rooms were clean. Easy Beach Access to a nice calm beach. Would definitely book again and will. Helpful and Nice people. WE used the kitchen and the grills outside our rooms. Very Family Friendly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed Friday through Monday and would go back. Owners were nice and friendly. Location was great, beach access just a short walk across the street. BP station right next door in case you wanted to pick up something really quick. Most importantly this place is clean, noticed there inspection rating was 100. No loud noise late at night, just quiet. Really enjoyed sitting on the swing and relaxing. We will absolutely go back.

Greenville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our second stay at Caribe Inn and we loved it. The rooms are clean, the owners are very friendly and the location is perfect. The prices simply cannot be beat.

The ONLY problem was that their ice service wasn't delivering to them promptly, so, they were restricted on how much ice they could provide us. But, there's a convenience store next door plus one of those Ice kiosks just down the street so that was easy enough to solve and was certainly out of their control.

You will have to walk a bit to access the beach itself. Beforehand I bought one of those beach carts that will roll on sand and holds umbrellas, chairs, etc. That was about $80 at Amazon and I highly recommend it if you have lots of "stuff" to take to the beach each day. It was a lifesaver in terms of how many trips back and forth to the room we had to make.

There is one thing you should know, in case it is not clear on their website--their rates are very low based on certain assumptions. For example, we had an efficiency that slept 4 adults and 2 children. But, what I didn't know until I got there was that the price of about $95 a night was without the surcharge for each each additional adult over 2. I believe that was $20 per night per adult. So, when there were four of us in the room that increased our rate almost 50%. (from about $95 to $135). The rates are still good, and again, maybe that was on the website and I missed it... but an additional $40 a night for 2 adults can add up over the course of several days so just be aware, especially if you are sharing a room with people and want to divide the expenses fairly beforehand.

I do wish they had more pet friendly rooms. If you are going to want a pet friendly room be sure to book VERY early! Actually if you want a room for any time, it's best to book early because this is a great place to stay and people know that!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Fairfax, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is the sweetest place. It is 1. affordable, 2. clean and well maintained, 3. friendly and helpful, and 4. worth the visit. Go. You will love the people and the place. Walking distance to the beach, awesome!

Room Tip: Any room will be fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
#8 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Caribbe Inn? Share your experiences!