“Clean and honest”

Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Island Inn was everything it said it would be. One of the few internet photos honest motels in Atlantic Beach. Clean, nice service personnel, rooms cleaned early, plenty of parking. Positive spin on you get what you pay for. Pet friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cochrans

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had guest in from out of town for the 4th of July weekend. They wanted to spend a day at the beach. We checked in around 4pm, and I explained ( as I had on the phone ) that we would be leaving later that night and just needed a place to get out of the sun for a while and shower afterwards. We put our things in the room, rested a bit and left to go back to the beach. Around 8:30pm, no sooner than we pull up and get out of the car, the office calls. We were right across from the office so I went in. The lady at the desk tells me that only 3 people can stay in that size room. I had explained to her just 4 hours ago that we were leaving that night! I even asked her the check-out procedure, and she told me to just leave that pass keys in the room, so it's not like she didn't know we were leaving. I felt like we were being hassled.
During the summer, my spouse and I go to Morehead one weekend out of the month. That was my first and last time staying at Island Inn.

Room Tip: Hotel was good, staff...not good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda W
Janita G, General Manager at Island Inn of Atlantic Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We appreciate feedback from all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. For the safety of you and our guests we do have a limitation to the number of people you can have in each room type. We do this not only for safety reasons but for the comfort of surrounding guests as well. I can assure you that the young lady who called you was not trying to harass you, but simply making you aware of a hotel policy. Our staff must be mindful of visitors of our guests due to parking. We make every effort to ensure all of our guests have FREE parking and that they can park in front of or close by their specific rooms. This is one of the many benefits in staying at our property. I really appreciate you being our guest and hope you reconsider staying with us again. Please accept my apology for any confusion and accept a 10% coupon on your next stay from me personally. Have a great week and we hope that you will be our guest soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Super friendly staff makes all the difference. This place is very clean and comfortable. And the best thing is the location and affordability. The rooms are a little small but perfect for a stay at the beach. All rooms have fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwoDocs14
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family and I came down to the Atlantic Beach area and needed to find a place to stay in a pinch. We booked a room at the Island Inn for three nights. Once we arrived, we were so impressed with the facility that we immediately booked an extra two nights! You can't beat the location, and the staff are absolutely wonderful. Thank you for a making our vacation so enjoyable!

3  Thank julieanne0903
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my bestfriend. Overall it was a great place; staff was kind and very helpful. The location was the only problem but only because we were wanting something right on the beach, not right off the road. I would stay here again with no problem though.

2  Thank MaryxElizabeth
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Was a very nice place to stay. Enjoyed our time there. Rooms were wonderful.The staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was very clean. We can not wait to come back and stay again.
Peggy and Carl Newton

1  Thank carlnewton
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I travelled to Atlantic Beach with my 11 year old niece to tour Ft. Macon, see the aquarium and go shell collecting. We were not disappointed in any way with the trip plan and pleasantly surprised by the great place the Island Inn was to stay. Someone had a super idea to turn the former "motor lodge" into a quaint Caribbean inn. The room finishes were just enough to say "quaint" without going overboard. It was clean and just perfect. I loved being able to park in front of my room and not having to haul luggage up and down stairs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lydia H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
#6 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Island Inn of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!