“This place is a must stay!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Inn of Atlantic Beach

Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Atlantic beach
“This place is a must stay!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

To start off, our plans were completely demolished when hurricane arthur decided to blow thru the carolina beaches just days before july 4th. My boyfriend (now fiancé) had planned this cute get away to ocracoke island. Well after driving through the night from fl to nc 1 hour out from the ferry they decided to cancel services for that day. Frantic we start thinking of other places to go. My family always goes to atlantic beach so we thought why not. At this point it is now the 4th of july. We find this adorable hotel which amazing reviews. The staff is wonderful, extremely friendly and very understanding. The rooms are so clean, the size is perfect and the service is outstanding. Our trip has turned out to be amazing.., dont make the mistake and try booking somewhere else, go ahead and book the island inn for any trip. You wont regret it. :)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lomann1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wise, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We came to Island Inn from another Atlantic Beach location that was definitely not as nice! The Island Inn is right in the heart of Atlantic Beach. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the room was very nice and clean, and the location wasn't bad...just a couple of blocks from the beach. I was very impressed and would definitely bring my family back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Lenoir, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Island Inn was everything it said it would be. One of the few internet photos honest motels in Atlantic Beach. Clean, nice service personnel, rooms cleaned early, plenty of parking. Positive spin on you get what you pay for. Pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cochrans
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had guest in from out of town for the 4th of July weekend. They wanted to spend a day at the beach. We checked in around 4pm, and I explained ( as I had on the phone ) that we would be leaving later that night and just needed a place to get out of the sun for a while and shower afterwards. We put our things in the room, rested a bit and left to go back to the beach. Around 8:30pm, no sooner than we pull up and get out of the car, the office calls. We were right across from the office so I went in. The lady at the desk tells me that only 3 people can stay in that size room. I had explained to her just 4 hours ago that we were leaving that night! I even asked her the check-out procedure, and she told me to just leave that pass keys in the room, so it's not like she didn't know we were leaving. I felt like we were being hassled.
During the summer, my spouse and I go to Morehead one weekend out of the month. That was my first and last time staying at Island Inn.

Room Tip: Hotel was good, staff...not good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Linda W
Janita G, General Manager at Island Inn of Atlantic Beach, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We appreciate feedback from all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. For the safety of you and our guests we do have a limitation to the number of people you can have in each room type. We do this not only for safety reasons but for the comfort of surrounding guests as well. I can assure you that the young lady who called you was not trying to harass you, but simply making you aware of a hotel policy. Our staff must be mindful of visitors of our guests due to parking. We make every effort to ensure all of our guests have FREE parking and that they can park in front of or close by their specific rooms. This is one of the many benefits in staying at our property. I really appreciate you being our guest and hope you reconsider staying with us again. Please accept my apology for any confusion and accept a 10% coupon on your next stay from me personally. Have a great week and we hope that you will be our guest soon!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Super friendly staff makes all the difference. This place is very clean and comfortable. And the best thing is the location and affordability. The rooms are a little small but perfect for a stay at the beach. All rooms have fridge and microwave.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank TwoDocs14
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family and I came down to the Atlantic Beach area and needed to find a place to stay in a pinch. We booked a room at the Island Inn for three nights. Once we arrived, we were so impressed with the facility that we immediately booked an extra two nights! You can't beat the location, and the staff are absolutely wonderful. Thank you for a making our vacation so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank julieanne0903
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my bestfriend. Overall it was a great place; staff was kind and very helpful. The location was the only problem but only because we were wanting something right on the beach, not right off the road. I would stay here again with no problem though.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank MaryxElizabeth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#9 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Islander Inn & Suites
Islander Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to Island Inn of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!