“Groovy dudes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandpiper Motel

Sandpiper Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Sandpiper Motel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Cape Town
“Groovy dudes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Road tripping and we ran into serious time constraints - traveling to the outer banks from Charleston. Couldn't find a booking available anywhere near the cedar island ferry - thanks to the "groovy" Blake who stayed up till after midnight to welcome us, and Chase who was up at 6 so we could access caffeine! And as a bonus, brand new everything in the room- clean, great pillows, and sheets! It even had a pink door just for me! For a place to snooze in comfort, yes thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BeeMonster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed with them 4 years ago for the Cherry Point Airtshow. It was Cheap (about 49 a night) It costs more now, but the new beds are great! The pillows were fluffy and I wished I would asked them were they got them!! Upgraded bathrooms, new decking.... PLUS 2 of the some of nicest (aka sweet and handsome guys Chase and Blake running and owning it). Some of the guests we met were a young family with a lovely teenage girl and she was smitten for sure!!!! They had been badly treated at another hotel down the street in town and decided to come there!!!( They gave great advice on local resturants and recommended Amos Mosquitoes for dinner and it was divine!!! Great service, great waiter (Holden) wonderful food!!!! ) They are still working on it... it is not perfect.. but you have to understand this is a very laid back beach which is fishing heavy or just resting on the beach.... just wish it was easier to get from High Point!! They have cable so monitor your kids, cause all the HBOs are on TV..
Other things I have picked from the locals... the Last Resort Resturant .. Up from the Sandpiper towards the Macon State Park.. it is in a Condo development but it is open to the public, Great Breakfast, and Homefries with peppers and onions to die for, the Monkey Bar down Salter Path as you are heading for the Aquarium... you see Bojangles and it is behind there in the shopping center, best Rueben ever!!! More of a local hole in the wall... The Golden Corral is the best I have ever ate at. We ate a dinner and a breakfast there...Friendly people in this small beach and they appreciate you coming to see them!!!
Thanks again Chase and Blake for great stay and hope to see you before the next airshow in 2 years!!!
PS Hardly any of the Hotels are on the beach here except the Oceana Pier. It looked a little more party fisherman type and not a quiet as Sandpiper..so it did not bother us as much to be off the beach here, where in Myrtle Beach it is much easier to find ocean front...If you want Ocean front you have to go down Salter Path towards Emerald Isle and you are going to pay for it...

Room Tip: We stayed in the room above the office the first time and it was quiet and big, stayed in 210 on sec...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NCscubagrl
Reidsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We usually stay with Oceanna Motel. But I didn't want to pay their high price for two adults. We stayed two nights at the Sandpiper Motel. I loved their prices! We saved about $82 difference between Oceanna's price and theirs! Their staff was SO nice and professional! Bree really went out of her way to make us feel welcome! I liked their room better than Oceanna's. The room was clean, the linens were very clean and bright. In the future, we plan to stay there again.... I cannot say enough good comments about all their staff!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs facing the road. I loved sitting on the porch. Especially watching the firewor...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David2012203
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Nices staff at the beach! So very helpful when reservation at another hotel were lost, they came through. Room was clean, older but nice for beach. Beds were comfortable. Towels and sheets were clean and white. Pool was clean. Parking is limited. But I can not say enough about the staff. They saved our trip! They went beyond just doing their job, they treated us as if we were the only customers they had and they were sold out. Great people!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I recently went to the beach for one day and didn't want to drive home the same day. I booked a room here one week in advance. I have to echo the reviews of some others. Nasty rooms. Nasty bed/sheets. Awful showers mainly because they were old. But, the cherry on top was the paper thin walls mixed with drunken guests. Sleazy doesn't begin to describe this place. You couldn't pay me to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank weekender198

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic Beach hotels

Goldsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I am from Goldsboro and I stayed at this motel and had a very wonderful and pleasant experience. My room was very clean and the staff and housekeepers were very nice and professional....I will return there again...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Clayton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Myself and 8 family members rented couple of rooms for weekend.
Okay hotel for the price and the availability.
Major Complaint: The Pool. It is pretty and looks clean, but I noticed right away that there was no chlorine smell. I dismissed that and dove in anyway. I wore my new deep black bathing suit with the attached black shorts. My daughter had one like it but it was deep blue. My niece had on a new blue Hello Kitty bikini and my sister wore a green shirt over her suit (as not to sunburn). When we emerged an hour and half later, my bathing suit on top was grey and bottoms were deep BROWN. Daughter now has a two toned dull blue suit and Hello Kitty is now on a white bikini for my 4 year old nephew. Sister's green shirt was now a light aqua. That alarmed me, but damage done and no one to complain to, I just sighed. Next day, yes, we went back in and the suits stayed about the same color, but after an hour, both myself and one of my nephews began to have a burning sensation all over...we both had to jump out and run to wash off. I did not go back in the pool.
Other complaints: Room security was not high. No deadbolts and the locks on the door (standard door handles) did not work properly. No microwave in room and freezer in minifridge was iced over.
Not once did we get more toilet tissue and we had to find the maids and borrow the vacuum to clean floor ourselves.
The towels provided are a joke and there was no mat or anything to step out of shower on.
Water in shower was very unpredictable.

Perks: Ice machine outside worked well.
Pool had area to rinse off with fresh water.
Beds were soft and clean.
TV had basic cable channels and WIFI included in price.
Free Coffee and doughnuts in the AM provided in the office.
Outside chairs to sit on as well.
Despite being very booked, the rooms were quiet.

So: the only real complaint I had was with the pool water. It must have had straight up bleach in it. No other explanation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side/corners are quiet. And be sure to ask about the pool and if it is bleached or has...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 701dm701
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#5 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Sandpiper Motel? Share your experiences!