“The management is superrior to any condo or other motel”
Review of Sandpiper Motel

Sandpiper Motel
Sandpiper Motel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The kimes family..stayed 8 daz..rooms are updated.remodeled with beautiful furniture.These are the best Beds..we had more fun and hospertality than the 15 years we stayed at A Place at The Beach condos..As a family we were tconserned as Hurricane Arthur passed..but the manager came & stayed till arthur was over & All us were safe..Superrior motel
.n even top Quality management...Have to add....loveable lil housekeeper ...loved it********dont wanna leave

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank kmsdebb

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I come here every year around the same time. This year the place we stayed was 80 bucks more than normal And cut military discount out! I came here and we stayed for 2 nights and it didn't break us. The staff is so friendly I really don't wanna leave. It was a home away from home. The rooms are super clean... And the pool is amazing. By the way... It's not Clorox it's called salt water pool, that does exist to the woman who bashed the pool LOL!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kimberly J
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Road tripping and we ran into serious time constraints - traveling to the outer banks from Charleston. Couldn't find a booking available anywhere near the cedar island ferry - thanks to the "groovy" Blake who stayed up till after midnight to welcome us, and Chase who was up at 6 so we could access caffeine! And as a bonus, brand new everything in the room- clean, great pillows, and sheets! It even had a pink door just for me! For a place to snooze in comfort, yes thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BeeMonster
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed with them 4 years ago for the Cherry Point Airtshow. It was Cheap (about 49 a night) It costs more now, but the new beds are great! The pillows were fluffy and I wished I would asked them were they got them!! Upgraded bathrooms, new decking.... PLUS 2 of the some of nicest (aka sweet and handsome guys Chase and Blake running and owning it). Some of the guests we met were a young family with a lovely teenage girl and she was smitten for sure!!!! They had been badly treated at another hotel down the street in town and decided to come there!!!( They gave great advice on local resturants and recommended Amos Mosquitoes for dinner and it was divine!!! Great service, great waiter (Holden) wonderful food!!!! ) They are still working on it... it is not perfect.. but you have to understand this is a very laid back beach which is fishing heavy or just resting on the beach.... just wish it was easier to get from High Point!! They have cable so monitor your kids, cause all the HBOs are on TV..
Other things I have picked from the locals... the Last Resort Resturant .. Up from the Sandpiper towards the Macon State Park.. it is in a Condo development but it is open to the public, Great Breakfast, and Homefries with peppers and onions to die for, the Monkey Bar down Salter Path as you are heading for the Aquarium... you see Bojangles and it is behind there in the shopping center, best Rueben ever!!! More of a local hole in the wall... The Golden Corral is the best I have ever ate at. We ate a dinner and a breakfast there...Friendly people in this small beach and they appreciate you coming to see them!!!
Thanks again Chase and Blake for great stay and hope to see you before the next airshow in 2 years!!!
PS Hardly any of the Hotels are on the beach here except the Oceana Pier. It looked a little more party fisherman type and not a quiet as Sandpiper..so it did not bother us as much to be off the beach here, where in Myrtle Beach it is much easier to find ocean front...If you want Ocean front you have to go down Salter Path towards Emerald Isle and you are going to pay for it...

Room Tip: We stayed in the room above the office the first time and it was quiet and big, stayed in 210 on sec...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NCscubagrl
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We usually stay with Oceanna Motel. But I didn't want to pay their high price for two adults. We stayed two nights at the Sandpiper Motel. I loved their prices! We saved about $82 difference between Oceanna's price and theirs! Their staff was SO nice and professional! Bree really went out of her way to make us feel welcome! I liked their room better than Oceanna's. The room was clean, the linens were very clean and bright. In the future, we plan to stay there again.... I cannot say enough good comments about all their staff!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs facing the road. I loved sitting on the porch. Especially watching the firewor...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David2012203
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Nices staff at the beach! So very helpful when reservation at another hotel were lost, they came through. Room was clean, older but nice for beach. Beds were comfortable. Towels and sheets were clean and white. Pool was clean. Parking is limited. But I can not say enough about the staff. They saved our trip! They went beyond just doing their job, they treated us as if we were the only customers they had and they were sold out. Great people!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I recently went to the beach for one day and didn't want to drive home the same day. I booked a room here one week in advance. I have to echo the reviews of some others. Nasty rooms. Nasty bed/sheets. Awful showers mainly because they were old. But, the cherry on top was the paper thin walls mixed with drunken guests. Sleazy doesn't begin to describe this place. You couldn't pay me to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
3 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Sandpiper Motel? Share your experiences!