“Best we've had in a long time!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shark Shack
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh seafood and Tacos, wraps, blackened fish, fried oysters, crab cakes, grouper bites, shrimp burgers, angus burgers, grilled or blackened tuna, and daily fresh seafood specials, prepared by Chef Tom! Closed, but will re-open in Spring 2017. Thank you.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best we've had in a long time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had arrived in AB after a seven hour drive and planned to go somewhere else for dinner, but that particular place was closed up for the day, so I suggested we try Shark Shack. Thank goodness the first place was closed!! We arrived at Shark Shack, apparently right before they were going to close up for a couple of hours before re-opening at 5, but they were so friendly and went ahead and got us taken care of! Fried pickles-incredible!! Tuna steak sandwich-amazing. So fresh, and the roll it was served on was delicious! My boyfriend had the pork BBQ sandwich, and basically went into a food coma while eating, I was actually not allowed to speak to him while he ate :) We loved the casual atmosphere. All seating is outside and there are only a few tables, but it was great. We sat in the sun, enjoyed spectacular food and just relaxed after our long drive to start vacation. We did end up coming back the night before we left and got carry-out. Grouper bites are on point!! I don't know how we missed Shark Shack in the past couple of years we have spent vacation in AB, but we will definitly be coming back when we return!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank frogichic

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Buffalo Shrimp!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Always have loved the Buffalo Shrimp! Tasty, spicy, hot and enough for a meal or share as an appetizer. Grouper sandwich and everything else I tried also good. Outdoors- so can be warm and if no breeze very warm. But the buffalo shrimp.... Good.

• Visited August 2013
York, PA
“Loved the grouper”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Before visiting Atlantic Beach I read about Shark Shack on Tripadvisor and knew I wanted to eat there. We stayed at a motel right down the road and every time we drove by, Shark Shack was closed. I didn't see an hours of operation sign so we called and found out dinner is served 5:30-7:30. We didn't ask about lunch. There are 4 picnic tables with umbrellas and some covered counters for standing. We arrived not too long after 5:30 and got a picnic table. My husband and I had never had grouper and the staff (maybe owner) was kind enough to give us samples. Amazing. So light, tender and mild. Prices were reasonable considering the huge portions. I did not care for the hush puppies. They seemed over cooked. I had hush puppies at Smithfield's which were much better. They have a bean bag toss game next to the picnic tables that kept my kids occupied while we waited for our food, which wasn't long. Next time we're in Atlantic Beach we will eat here again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank lisa018
Nashville, Tennessee
“Solid seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

My girlfriend and I both had good solid seafood. The fried foods we not too heavily fried and the seafood tasted fresh. Asked if they did buffalo shrimp and they said they could make it special and it was phenomenal. Grouper bites and blackened maji sandwich were also delicious. Atmosphere could be a bit better but only real complaint. Well worth it if you want a quick dinner.

Visited July 2013
Sanford, North Carolina
“good.fast.food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stopped here for lunch as we had our dog with us. Food was as described - fast and fried! Had a grass area to eat in with dog which was nice. Could have done with a little cleaning up but it suits the purpose.

• Visited July 2013