“Super nice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Oceanana Family Motel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great private beach and pier. Property is kept up immaculately. Very considerate staff who can't help you enough. Safe, old school, free coffee and ice. Will definitely stay again. It was my husband's birthday and a set of balloons, a bandana, and a card signed by the staff was in terms room when we arrived!

Room Tip: Standard suite great for two. Kitchenette has the basics.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janestevens
There are newer reviews for Oceanana Family Motel

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family and I grew up going to the Oceanana and we have loved it ever since they opened! My mom grew up going there as did I and so are my kids! The rooms aren't fancy by any means but if you rent a suite you can easily sleep 5-6 in there comfortably. If you are looking for a fun family oriented vacation this place has it all, not just the beach, which does have lifeguards, but they also have a pool, a fishing pier, bikes for the kids to ride in a certain area along with a large play ground and play area. If you decide you don't want to eat out, they have charcoal grills you can use at no extra charge and every morning they have a free continental breakfast for all! You will love it here and it may even become your most favorite place to visit in the Southern Outer Banks!

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking ask the front desk to reserve a suite for you near the beach!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth W
Oceanana R, Front Office Manager at Oceanana Family Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you, Elizabeth! We're glad to hear you have such happy memories with us. We do not have lifeguards on our beach, the employees you saw are our Beach Services staff. Beach Services provides beach chairs and umbrellas to all of our guests, as well as take care of daily maintenance in the beach, pool, and playground areas. Rest assured, they keep a sharp eye out for any potential hazards around the property and will warn you if the surf is too rough to play in. The suites you mentioned (1st floor, close to the beach) are now called our Premier Suites and are currently being renovated, as you can see on our Facebook page. We’ll have new pictures of the Premier Suites up soon.
We look forward to seeing our regulars every year, and we hope to see you all soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for NC Seafood Festival. Rooms were clean & neat. Not fancy, but fine with two great amenities - the Atlantic Ocean on one side and a restaurant by the name of Amos Mosquito directly across the street. People were friendly. Pier was nice to walk & they serve breakfast by the pier. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: I'd get one on the first floor next time.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This motel is a little old but the rooms are clean and the location is great. My husband and son love to fish so having the pier right beside the motel was very nice. We could sit on the beach and see them on the pier. One thing I really liked was they carry your beach chair and umbrella to the beach and set it up for you for no extra charge. Also in the off season, free pier passes come with the room rental. The playground was great for the grandbaby. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank terlynn
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The resort is old but our room was clean and had two very good mattresses. The usual "ocean-wet" smell was minimal and the A/C worked really well. We enjoyed the overabundance of breakfast items which were self-served outside near the pool. It was nice to have someone ask you if you needed chairs and an umbrella to use at the beach (and then they carried them and set them up for you at no charge). There is a nice area for smaller children to play and we enjoyed free icecream one night after dinner. The staff is very friendly. My husband enjoyed fishing on the adjoining pier. We will return her next summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a DownEast room. They are larger.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mamasaurus2013
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My parents and I stayed at Oceanana during a Fri. - Sun. 3-day weekend. I reserved an upstairs room with 2 double beds which had a dorm size refrigerator, which was basically all we needed for 2 nights.
I have only 2 complaints about our stay here: My first complaint about our room is there was an odor which we noticed after walking into our room. We were told our room was "newly renovated", so the odor could have been a combination of paint and something else? The lavatory area looked new, as in the sink, fixture, and top had recently been replaced. The air conditioner was running full blast for who knows long, so we simply turned it off. After turning off the a/c we didn't notice the odor nearly as much. After a warm mid 80's day on Sat. I turned the a/c back on to low and the odor was barely noticeable. The second complaint I need to mention is the pillows on the beds are flat as pancakes! If you are a side-sleeper like me, take a nice thick pillow from home that will give your head and neck proper support!
My parents are in their mid-70's and they really enjoy staying here. They both love to fish off Oceanana's pier, which is very well maintained. Hotel guests receive FREE passes to fish on the pier! At the end of the pier, there is a covered gazebo type structure which is a very cool place to get out of the sun and watch the fisherman. Thanks to the friendly and very helpful staff at the front desk, we learned a fishing license is NOT required for an individual fishing off the pier. However, if you plan to surf fish, you will need to acquire a N.C. fishing license. Good to know, right?!
This hotel is very convenient to some great restaurants. If you stay here, it is well worth your time to take a short drive down to Ft. Macon State Park. We also went to the N.C. Acquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and we drove over to Beaufort.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My Husband I have stayed there for 2years and we plan to stay there this year. The rooms are very comfortable. My husband relaxes and I do to. We stay for a week usually in October because it is not to hot and we can enjoy the beach. People there are very friendly and courteous. They are not fancy but I like comfortable. They are very clean,and that is what matters to me

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Sandpiper Motel
Sandpiper Motel
#8 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Oceanana Family Motel? Share your experiences!