Oceanana Family Motel
US$133
Hotels.com
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$85
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
Peppertree Resort(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswatermelonprivate beachoff seasonpier fishingplenty of chairslabor dayrooms are nicefeel like familybagelsfort maconhome away from homecookoutrocking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Spent the 4th of July at the Oceanana with our "Oceanana Family"! As always we had a wonderful time. We are a group( about 50 of us) of family and friends who share our vacation time every year at the Oceanana.

The motel was built in the 1950s but the family has put forth effort to update the buildings. The motel does so many extra things (grills, charcoal, picnic items, free coffee around the clock, breakfast buffet, watermelon parties) to make your visit special.

We are already looking forward to next July 4th!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank PatSprinkle
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a 2nd floor standard room facing the main parking lot and enjoyed the recent upgrades of new furniture, new AC unit, new flat panel tv, larger refrigerator and most importantly, new doors with a key card and steel handle. The old sliding doors were charming in their own way but they didn't always close completely and always left one to wonder if something could crawl in underneath. The shower curtain bar could use an upgrade as we had trouble with it falling down if we hung towels on it. The free breakfast, though nothing fancy, is always enough to keep us full and allow us to go straight to the beach in the morning. Be sure to guard your tray, even under the awning or the birds will help themselves. The free chair and umbrella service and access to the pier might be the best part of the whole place. Staff is always friendly and welcoming. Thanks Oceanana, we will be back.

Room Tip: 2nd floor if you aren't travelling with small children
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank loriruth
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am 37 yrs old and finally went on a vacation with my husband, mom, and dad. They have stayed there before. This is a wonderful place to go and fish off their pier as long as you want to and not worry about your room. We stayed in May. My husband, 2 daughters, and I are going back in September. I plan on going back every year if it is possible.

Room Tip: I dont work out so I'm not sure if they have a fitness center. But if you walk on the beach, then that will give you a work out...lol..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BrandinSteve710
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff is great, the location is perfect, but the actual building itself needs a LOT of work. For $100 a night in a small, non-oceanfront room, I want to be able to actually wash my hair IN the shower, not having to lean over the side of the tub and use the faucet. (The shower head is approximately 5 ft up, and if you're short it's fine. I'm tall and it's NOT fine) And a microwave would be another nice addition. The grounds are kept very well, and the beach and pier are fabulous. I probably will not go back, as it doesn't offer everything that I'm looking for. An oceanfront room, a private balcony, and a shower that is totally functional.

Room Tip: I'd recommend, if you can afford it, to upgrade to the Down East Room or the One Bedroom Suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked into room 111, the one bedroom suite, on a Saturday evening. It had been a long day and we went straight to the room...no walking to see the beach at all. My girls immediately took their shoes off and started running around the room and within 10 minutes the bottoms of their feet were black, and you could see stains on the carpet. I went with one of my girls to the front desk and showed them what had happened and asked that they make sure to have the room vacuumed really well the next day. (Not sure if this happened.) The bathroom was mildewed and the room had a funky odor. We put up with these things until Tuesday evening, not allowing our girls to go barefoot or sit on the floor at all, when I found a cockroach sitting in the little hallway between the living room and bedroom. Needless to say we checked out. They didn't offer to find us a different room or offer apologies. Having said this, I'm sad because the playground, pool, and fishing pier were awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mlane4
Oceanana R, Front Office Manager at Oceanana Family Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We're sorry you had such a negative experience at our motel. We have our rooms treated regularly, but occasionally a critter will escape our efforts. We apologize you saw one. According to our records, you turned in your keys and notified us you just wanted to leave, at which point you were apologized to and, according to our records, we gave you a refund. Please give us a call if you still have not received your refund.
Thank you for your review. We will do our best to continue improving all of our rooms. We hope you will consider giving us another try at a later date.