“Bang for the buck”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Avon
Nags Head, North Carolina
“Bang for the buck”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

3 of us stayed to beach fish,had no problems.Store and restaurant across the street,beautiful beach out front and 4 wheel access real close Best part it was 60$ with a kitchen for our fish fry.....highly recommend

Room Tip: Get a top floor efficiency
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank restless0ne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Well, lets see. The only reason that these people are even here is that it is the only game in town. The check in process was easy enough, but the clientelle... that's another story. If you are a stoner surfer dude then this place is probably passable. Besides from the rotting door, loud air conditoner, filthy lumpy mattresses and covers, disgusting bathroom and deplorable carpet it wasn't bad. It was loud and noisy in the parking lot. The shower stall looked like it had been painted. We stayed for twp nights because I had already payed but I would never do that again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
20 Thank TenneseeTraveler1982

Travellers are raving about these Avon hotels

USA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I actually didn't get to stay here, but they were cool about it. I needed internet during the trip and, when I checked in, they mentioned that their system had issues with Macs. Not sure if it was temporary or not..ask if this is an issue for you. We tried, and could not get it to work. They helped me find another room with another establishment on the island during a full weekend.. Like I said, cool people.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank FamilyGuyUsa
Reviewed 25 August 2011

this is about as bad as it gets. old and worn out. dirty. beach access was ok. the cottages/houses they also rent may be better.

• Stayed August 2011
14 Thank purlpat
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We travel often for both business and pleasure. When we travel for business we are able to choose nicer hotels. However, when I travel for pleasure, especially with short term planning we are willing to stay in more affordable, older hotels. I have stayed at probably every class of hotel possible. I've also spent many nights in typical "mom and pop" hotels at the beach. I have to say this is THE WORSE place I have ever stayed.

I would estimate that no major improvements have been made to this place in 25 years or more. The furnishings, appliances and fixtures are terribly old. Our room had the loudest ceiling fan I have ever heard. The floors sagged. Remember the show "Sanford and Son?" That is the way the rooms look.

I have to be honest with you: We are more than willing to stay in a low class place because we love the beach so much. Besides, we spend almost every waking hour outside of the room. This place is just TOO expensive for these horrible conditions.

If you read the other reviews here and think, "Oh, it can't be that bad..." you will be sadly disappointed. It really is "THAT BAD." If you're looking for affordable, I'd recommend camping before staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
15 Thank PeruTravelFamily
mooresburg
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I have been staying at this motel for many years and every time the stay just keeps getting better and better. this is a quite mom and pop motel not a large chain motel if you like quite charm really close to the beach without all the bells and whistles this is the place for you,if on the other hand your idea of roughting it is no room service after midnight please go somewhere else.the room i stayed in was clean and comfy with everthing i needed to have the vacation of my dreams I WILL BE GOING BACK

• Stayed November 2010
4 Thank boxerboy27
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We stayed there even though we read the neg. reviews. We wished we had camped instead---it IS really awful! The other reviews say the owners are great, etc. We really don't care who the owners are (never saw them anyway), how nice they are or what their political views are---we just wanted a nice, clean room. The room was NOT worth the price (esp. in this economy, we would rather save a bit more for a better place)---it was dirty, the bathroom had hair in the tub and there was no toilet paper. The sheets and cover were stained. Maybe this place is only interested in attracting teenagers and partyers as some of the reviews indicated. Not good for family or even fishermen.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
17 Thank sunnyone67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#2 of 6 in Buxton
Cape Hatteras Motel
Cape Hatteras Motel
#4 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Avon Motel? Share your experiences!