“One of the worst places I've ever stayed”
Review of Avon Cottages

and 1 more site!
Avon Cottages
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My husand and I stayed in an efficiency at the Avon Cottages. I have to say this was one of the worst places I've ever stayed. It is very run down and is in need of major updating. There were stains all over the rug and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. It is a slight step up from camping. I will have to say while very rustic, the room was clean. The biggest plus was that the cottage was very close to the beach (and the beach was great). But if I wanted to stay somewhere that rustic, I would rather have camped on the beach. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
19  Thank DC_loves_to_travel

Reviewed 28 August 2009

We stayed at Avon Cottages this August and we were very impressed with the price/quality of their cottages. We rented a beachfront cottage and our view was spectacular. Cottage was very clean and neat. It wasn't the most luxurious we've seen, but the rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. We were 2 families (9 people) and everyone had a great time. Very well situated as only a 5 minute walk can get you to a grocery store, souvenir shops, convenience store, restaurant and more! The staff was great and very welcoming. We were a bit nervous before getting there as we've read many negative reviews about the place. We haven't seen nor experienced anything of what was complained about. In fact, we have already rented another cottage for next summer! Avon Cottages is a must for anyone who's looking for great cottages at very affordable prices.

3  Thank MissPatate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 6 in Buxton
Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging

Been to Avon Cottages? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Avon Cottages

Address: Avon, Hatteras Island, NC 27915
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Outer Banks > Hatteras Island > Avon
Ranked #4 of 4 Speciality Lodging in Avon
Price Range: £62 - £104 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Avon Cottages 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Avon Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.