“Over the Top !!”
Review of KD Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Adamsville
KD Guest Ranch
Bay City, MI
“Over the Top !!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My friend and I just spent a week at The KD Guest Ranch and the experience was more than we could have imagined. Dave and Kari, along with their family and wranglers, made our vacation a wonderful experience. The accommodations were very comfortable, neat and clean. The food was plentiful and delicious. The horses were well cared for and well behaved, the riding was enjoyable and the scenery was breath taking. There were plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained.
We felt very welcome from the time we arrived and throughout our stay. Any requests we had were met promptly and with a smile.
We will be returning in the near future and would highly recommend this ranch.

Room Tip: Cabins have heat & A/C, microwaves, fridge, and coffee pot. Very quiet & peaceful sleeping i...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelbuddy61

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Olmsted Falls, OH
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Brought my 13 year old son for a Mother/son weekend. We will be booking again soon, in fact just the other day he said to me.."Mom, if there is a heaven on earth..it's the dude ranch". So we are totally coming back!

The food is off the hook, plan on gaining a few pounds over the course of your stay. It's like going to your grandparent's house for dinner. Huge meals and deserts! I eat mainly vegetarian
and they were kind enough to cater to my preference as well:)

Peaceful, fun, beautiful scenery and people! Loved it!!

Susan and Jeremy
Olmsted Falls, Ohio

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SusanOlmstedFalls_OH
Oswestry UK
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This was the 5th ranch we have stayed at over the 5 years, a great family place, they really made us feel welcome and at home, the variety of rides was brilliant, and we loved getting the horses ready for their rides and looking after them at the end of each ride ( although this was something we had not been at all sure about !) The selection of horses for all levels of riding was good and have been the best cared for set of horses we have come across, they are looked after as well as any member of the family! The cabins are well thought out and the food excellent , the owners and their whole family really go out of their way to make your holiday worth every penny/cent! The view from the hot tub is the perfect way to relax ( looking forward to the pool being completed for next summer!) The evening entertainment is varied and fun. If you are thinking of this ranch as your first or fifth you won't be disappointed with this choice!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JudyOswestryUK
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My 14 yr old and I just returned from a fantastic father/son get-a-way. The place is fantastic. It is whatever you want it to be. Plenty of activities to keep you going or a comfortable rocking chair with a great view if you want a break. Horses and facilities are excellent. Lodging and food are fantastic. But the real exclamation point to the whole experience is Kari, Cheesy Joke Dave, their two adorable children and wrangler Classy. This place is the whole package.

Ranch...neat, very clean, well laid out.
Lodging...wish I had a cabin like that of my own...well kept, super clean, well furnished
Food...you'll never be hungry and never want to miss a meal....your grandma's recipes served customized, hot and delicious....I miss it already.
Horses...well mannered, well trained, well loved
Humans...neat family perfectly suited for the hospitality business. Extremely pleasant and go out of the way to make sure you are comfortable and your stay is the way you want it to be.
Wrangler "Classy" tough as nails, never sleeps, a great hostess, fun to be around, obviously loves her job and the animals.
Dave's Jokes....bring along a joke book to donate to his library.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Indyj0hn
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Our group of family and friends had such a wonderful time and did not want to leave. The ranch was so beautiful and clean. Dave and Keri did everything they could to make us feel at home, between setting up the campfires and the movie theater even a massage. The food was outstanding especially the cookies. I'm counting the days when I can go back again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank brendamerz37
Sinking spring
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My brother and I just got back from one of the best vacation we have ever experienced. From the moment we arrived Dave and Keri (owners) and Keri (wrangler) made us feel relaxed and at home, going out of their way to make our stay the wonderful experience that it was. The lodge was gorgeous. The accommodations top notch. Clean and comfortable. Not a detail was missed. The food was down home,delicious and plentiful. Dinner with the family was really homey and nice. The kids Bronc and Braylee were adorable. The horses were beautiful, healthy, gentle and responsive. The trails and surroundings were peaceful and breathtaking. Actives every night if you chose. Movie,bonfire,poker,billiards,or just small talk. The calf penning was a hoot. Made these green horns feel as close to being cowboys as possible. But the best part of it all was our hosts and staff. Dave,s corny jokes on the trail and his wise guy smile. Keri's graciousness and warmth. Wrangler keri's bubbly charm and energy. W arrived as their guest and we left made to feel like their friends. Thanks guys. We will never forget you. But beware... We will be back. The penny is in the mail.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Angelo C
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A little piece of the west right there in Ohio. The cabins are top notch with the most comfortable beds. There were tons of activities to do or you can just sit on the porch and relax in a rocking chair while you enjoy the fall foliage, its up to you. My only complaint is the food is so good I found myself eating to much. I've been to a few dude ranches and Dave and Kari truly love their horses and it shows in there quality. I've been every year that they've been open and its always a fun family time!

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Bullridefan

Been to KD Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!