“Off I-77 exit 120, just north of Walmart”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Akron
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Off I-77 exit 120, just north of Walmart”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

3 story property with elevator, accessed off Arlington Road, behind IHOP. Hotel was not a standout but it was acceptable. Front desk people were friendly and helpful. Typical hot/cold breakfast with eggs and sausage. I liked the flowing water feature by the front door and the 3 panel mirror over the basin in my room. The parking lot badly needed patching and I was bothered that there was no light over the work table nor a light by the reading chair in my room. Paint spatter and excess caulk around the tub remained from the last renovation. If you are finicky, I would skip this hotel but it is not a bad pick for construction workers and budget travelers.

1 Thank JohnnyK5341

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rimersburg, PA
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel was very nice and the staff was very, very friendly and accommodating. The night clerk was very helpful and the day clerk was especially helpful when we decided to check out early. The breakfast was decent, typical though. Everything about the place was good, except the sleep quality. The bed was TERRIBLE!!! My wife and I were both up all […] night. It was so bad that we decided to check out and pay more at a different hotel. Thank you to the staff, but ownership should update the beds. They are old and broken down.

Room Tip: It is nice, but if comfort is important, skip it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NandBcoradi
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here May 20-21, 2014. We did NOT have a reservation. Originally we were booked at the Quality Inn, Gilchrest road, Akron. It was scary & had NO hot water, so we had to move. We found this Comfort Inn just a few miles away & near other businesses. It felt SO MUCH safer. When we arrived, we crossed our fingers and really lucked out because they only had ONE room left!

Jessica was the girl at night who helped us. We were extremely tired & she was super friendly and told us they have the best beds in town. THEY DO! I had been at 3 hotels previously and this one had the nicest mattresses. I slept amazingly well.

The room was very very clean. Comes with a microwave and fridge.

They accepted our AAA discount. NICE!

The continental breakfast was also very good.

The hotel is located next to so many restaurants, a Starbucks, and Walmart. That is really convenient if you need anything.

My parents will be staying here every year now when they visit relatives in the Akron area.
I highly recommend!

Jen M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We strive to provide top-notch customer service, accommodations & amenities to each and every guest. I am so happy to hear that Jessica was able to do just that for you! We want you to be comfortable during your stay, and we do receive lots of compliments on our comfortable bedding~ I am glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to having you stay with us during your next visit to Akron, Ohio!
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My ratings of 3 is because for every nice thing about the hotel, there is something poor.
Cleanliness : although cosmetically it was very nice, we were put in a NON-SMOKING ROOM on a SMOKING FLOOR. That didn't work out very well. The entire 3rd floor violates my lungs. It wasn't just cigs, it smelled like we could e gotten all West Akron high.
Location: although it has great interstate access, this area is full of riff-raff and really scary at night.
Rooms: cosmetically nice, fridge and microwave nice, the water pressure in the room was amazing, but the bathtub was Really slippery. It felt like it was not cleaned properly. I asked for extra bath towels, the lady handed me a floor towel.
The front desk, housekeeping and breakfast ladies were very pleasant. Great customer service, I felt. I think if they for rid of smoking rooms, they would get rid of a lot of trash that stay there.

• Stayed May 2014
Jen M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is our goal to ensure each and every guest has a comfortable & enjoyable stay with us. I am very sorry to hear we fell short of that during your time with us. I am addressing your concerns with our management team and housekeeping staff to correct and see how we can better address those issues. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional stay your next trip to Akron.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Upon arriving to the hotel, the receptions, Angela, noticed that I was in a wheelchair. She asked if a handicap room would make my trip easier. She then switched my daughter and I to a room with a walk in shower. I found this to be a very enjoyable stay and trip.

Jen M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is our goal to ensure each and every guest has a wonderful stay with us, and for us to provide a 'home away from home' atmosphere. I am so happy to hear that Angela was able to assist you in making your stay more comfortable! We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Akron, Ohio!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My family has stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times. It is always clean and the staff is friendly. It is ideal for parents of University of Akron students as it is within minutes of the school. There is a Walmart, Applebee's and an IHOP in the parking lot which is all great for convenience and school needs.
The staff is always attentive to our needs. Some greet us by name at this point. Once when our daughters' school apartment was flooded Angela at the desk helped made arrangements for us to get the throw rugs and linen cleaned which saved us a lot of worries.
The breakfast staff is always replacing food and cleaning the area. Room staff seems to always be around to help out. The place always works for us. Is it the Ritz-Carlton? No, but it is as comfortable as the name says.

Jen M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to assist our guests during their stay with us. I am happy hear Angela did just that! We want all our guests to feel comfortable & welcome during their time with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again during your next trip to Akron!
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Being that I am a traveling salesman the two items I always look for in a hotel is a clean facility and a quiet atmosphere to sleep. Both of these items were well exceeded my expectations. To top it off Jessica at the front desk was delightful and very helpful in helping me to find a sports bar to watch a recent hockey game. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jen M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. It is our goal to exceed guest satisfaction, and I am happy to hear that we succeeded during your stay. I will pass on the kind words to Jessica at our front desk as well. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Akron, Ohio!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Red Roof Inn Akron South
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
WoodSpring Suites Akron
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!