“It worked for me!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Akron
Akron, Ohio
“It worked for me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I took my disabled mom on a memorial day holiday away from home. I clearly have hotel issues meaning I refuse to stay in a shack. My taste far outway my purse but I am usually able to book great hotels at discount prices. Our stay at the Courtyard was most pleasurable. I needed a ground floor room for her, we got it last minute request. Breakfast was very good. The room was clean, nice beds, decor is definitely my taste. Staff was more than friendly. No noise issues. It was a nice stay. So, the price was good, room was perfect, hotel accommodated my disabled mom, we rested well, ate well. As I said "It worked for me"

Room Tip: Read the reviews with balanced thoughts...smile. Oh and call the hotel directly if need be.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here on business recently. Check in late evening was prompt, and the front desk was reponsive to my room request. Fitness center had equipment with individual TV displays and the lobby still stocks the Wall Street Journal - convenient! Room was clean and bedding comfortable but I was on the ground floor and when I checked into the room noticed that the sliding door was not locked nor was the buglar bar in place. Bistro did the trick for breakfast but one issue I have is that the room was missing the hairdryer. When I went to the front desk the next morning to point this out, their reaction was "well, do you need one?". I responded yes, but the dryer never arrived. I have short hair and it wasn't a big deal but points to a lack of customer-focused service and responsiveness.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gregc1982
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Akron Fairlawn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Gregc1982,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Courtyard Akron Montrose. I’m glad that you enjoyed our fitness center and the Wall Street Journal provided in our lobby. We strive to impress our guests, and I apologize that our customer service came up short during your visit. I will address your concerns with my staff to ensure that future guests do not have the same experience. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to the area.

Jawn D.
Rochester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Akron Montrose this past weekend for 2 nights. It was fine ... that is it - just fine. The room was fine, it was very clean. The bed/TV set up was weird; if you were sitting in bed the TV was about 5 feet from you on your left side so you had to sit with your feet dangling off the bed to see the TV straight on; otherwise you would get a stiff neck from turning to see the TV.

There was either a small blood or red nail polish stain on the mattress of the pull out couch.

The bed was comfortable and the back outside seating was nice, however, at night or in the rain they should bring the nice comfy cushions in because our backsides got all wet when we tried to sit on them.

The lobby looked nice - hubby had one quick drink at the bar.

I generally prefer a hotel that has breakfast included but I chose this hotel because of the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor. I think I would have preferred the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn (about 200 yards away).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aghmom
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Akron Fairlawn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Aghmom,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable and you enjoyed our outside patio. Please accept my apologies that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to impress our guests and when that doesn't happen we want to know about it. We appreciate your feedback and giving us the chance to improve our services. I hope that you will allow the Courtyard Akron Montrose another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to the area.

Jawn D.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our stay here was excellent. The room was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. Our beds were comfortable, and the hotel offered free Wi-Fi. The was a great place to stop through on our route from Niagara Falls to Columbus, OH.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the third time that I have stayed at this property, previously staying in August and October of 2013. I have stayed at quite a few Courtyard properties over the years, and each time I have stayed here, I have had an enjoyable stay.

This Courtyard has a more updated feel and is a smaller-size, making it feel more warm and cozy. The staff is warm, helpful, and genuinely cares for the guests. The king room has a small sofa to relax and watch TV at the end of the day. During previous visits, I have had a balcony and would prefer this instead of the standard room that I had this time.

The hotel is located slightly off of the main road, giving it a more private feel. Within a short drive, there are numerous dining and shopping options, including grocery stores. Access to I-77 is right next to the hotel and access to I-71 is 10-15 minutes away.

I would definitely stay at this Courtyard again! It is one of my favorite properties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. When the weather is warm, you will not even want to turn on the AC!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Nice staff, good rooms, loved the Bistro which had Starbucks Coffee, breakfast items, cocktails!
Also a great little store with snacks & necessities inside lobby.
Good internet space in lobby, nice socializing area.
Overall, great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ill start off by saying would I stay there again. Yes.

The hotel is your typical "modern" Courtyard fare. The hotel is only a couple years old and in very good shape.

The one I had was the room windows, they did not lock in our initial room. We were initially given room 213. Upon entering the room I could hear the highway and looked at the window and noticed it was opened. There was a two windows that slide open and a screen that looked punched out. I could not get one of the windows to slide correctly. I called the front desk and they had no issue to move me to another room. That window had the same problem but this time I found a simple hook latch and locked it up. Nothing major but something to look out for.

The hotel also had internet with a good speed.

Room Tip: One with a good lock on the windows
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nick K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown

Been to Courtyard Akron Fairlawn? Share your experiences!