“Excellent Italian Lunch”
Review of Papa Joe's

Papa Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Papa Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 485 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Portage Trail
Description: The Iacomini family has been in the restaurant business since 1932 in beautiful Akron, Ohio. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary in the Merriman Valley with the 4th Iacomini generation. Our family at Papa Joe's Iacomini's invites both you and your family to a traditional Italian dining experience. We are known for our diverse menu fueled by the freshest seafood, center cut USDA choice steaks and chops as well as our authentic Italian cuisine. We pride ourselves on consistency in our day to day operations in order to provide you with the excellence in dining that you deserve. It is through this consistency dating back to 1932 that is the reason we have been proud enough to serve the greater Akron area for over 80 years! We are close to Weathervane Playhouse, Stan Hywett Hall and Garden, and Blossom Music Center We look forward to providing you and your family the delicious and memorable experience that cultivates from the traditions of the Iacomini family.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My daughter and stopped at Papa Joe's/Iacominis today for lunch after spending the morning at the Akron Zoo. I live an hour away so I don't get to dine here often. I have always been very impressed with the quick service, the beautiful presentation, and large delicious portions. I had the spaghettini with marinara sauce and an added meatball and my daughter the lasagna. Each meal came with a nice mixed greens salad and a warm roll. I took home half my meal to enjoy later as the portions were not skimpy. Always a must when I am in the area.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We meet for lunch at Papa Joes every Wednesday for 20+ years and have never been disappointed. The menu is imaginative, realistic and the food is good. The wait staff averages 20+ years and the service is great.

1  Thank Daniel_M515
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Lunch here was very good; prices are reasonable; service is good. Mostly Italian with some other choices including sandwiches. One member of our group said the spaghetti & meatballs was the best she had ever had.

Sandwiches come with delicious home-made potato chips. The half rueben sandwich is large enough for almost anyone. Carry-out available including their famous white French dressing.

Dining room is attractive including an inviting fire in the fireplace on a cold snowy day.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Food, atmosphere and service was perfect. There is an art to cooking a good veal dish and Papa Joe's nails it! Took half my Veal Scallopini home and it was as good, if not better, the second time around. The Veal Parmesan, salad and smoked mozzarella appetizer were also delicious and enjoyed by others in our group.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a great restaurant for excellent Italian dishes. Great variety of choices, nice relaxing atmosphere, very nice people. Everything from pasta to filet mignon to fresh fish. Along with the wonderful dining, Papa Joe's also has a superb wine list, along with their own wine store. The Carry-Out store also includes a vast array of choices from their menu for those that just don't feel like cooking on any particular evening.