“Outstanding”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Akron
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My first experience was the person at the front desk during check-in. Wow, what a great worker in Courtney. Don't lose her. She was very friendly and interested in our stay; what a gem. Very quiet and clean. Like the use of laminate flooring for a pet friendly hotel. Easy on and off I-77. Lots of places to eat, shop and gas up.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dale G
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about our Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and appreciate your kind words about our Front Desk GSR, Courtney. I will be sure to share your accolades with Courtney- which is appreciated! At Red Roof, we do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable. That’s why we invite you to relax with your four-legged family member. Our rooms are 100% Smoke-Free; we provide complimentary WiFi, High Definition flat screen TVs and Serta dream beds for our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time your trip takes you through Akron, Ohio.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Trotwood
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Alysa and Vanessa were very helpful to me in my time of need. I locked myself out of my car wile it was still running. These two young ladies did everything they could to help get in my car, and for that I am eternally thankful. They made my stay at the Red Roof very wonderful and unforgettable.

1 Thank ecospy
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We are touched by your enthusiastic review! I am pleased to read that our services manifested a feeling of noble treatment for you. Guest service is absolutely paramount. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to recognize you, the issue you had with your vehicle, assist to get you on your way and attend your important meeting in inclement weather. We are humbled by your comments. I will be sure to share your sentiments with the entire team, especially Alyssa. We look forward to your return visit!

Boston
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Despite the fact that the hotel is "100% smoke free" and we had to sign a waiver saying we wouldn't smoke, the room reeked of smoke. If we hadn't arrived dead tired at 1am after driving through a blizzard I would have asked for a different room. Also, the door frame was bent and wind and snow blew in all night.

Room Tip: If you care about smoke smell, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I would like to take this opportunity to renew the apologies extended on property for the deficiencies regarding the scent in your room. We pride ourselves on ensuring our guests feel at home throughout their stay, enjoying the comforts and amenities. I regret that we were unable to provide you with this exceptional level of service. Rest assured that I have addressed the aroma of smoke and the concern with the door, with the team to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. I am regretful to hear of your discomforts of wind and snow. Your genuine comments about our structural elements and their functionality are truly valued, and we are already using this feedback to fine-tune our product. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope when visiting Akron, Ohio in the future you will stay with us and notice the difference.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was by far one of the best experience I have ever had. I checked in late Alyssa was very helpful to me and this was the beat hotel that I Could find. When I got to my room my bathroom was outta towels but Alyssa brought them to me in about 5 min...over all I am very pleased and would recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed February 2014
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We work very hard to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable experience and are sorry to hear you were short on towels. We pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable accommodations for our guests. Please note that I have shared your comments with the staff in hopes of using this as a training tool to help ensure that this does not reoccur. I appreciate knowing Alysa was able to take care of your issue promptly. We thank you for staying and providing us with your valuable feedback and look forward to see you again soon.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I found the ice bucket lid behind the tv. There was only one drinking glass for use. Only one bath towel. Previous guest food was left in microwave. The bed was very comfortable, and looked clean, and the flat screen was nice and clear. I purchased a superior king room. The price was very reasonable for two nights. Overall, a decent stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia M
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience here at our property. We value each and every one of our guests and their feedback. It allows us to celebrate the things we are doing right and also focus on issues we can progress upon. I have shared your comments with the staff and are working to ensure that we can enhance future guests’ experiences. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Akron area.
tallmage
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed on valentines day. The room had a decorative heart with a couple rose pedles and chocolate. It was cute! The room was clean and smelled good like fruity The staff handed out candy when you. Check in. Check in was quick even though they were really busy! I will reccomend this Red Roof to anyone who asks.

1 Thank dkrab5
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and your recommendation. We as a team we wanted to make sure everyone that stayed with us on Valentine’s Day felt special. I was pleased to read the comments on the great group of individuals that work here. They are the ones who placed the hearts, flower pedals and chocolates for everyone to enjoy. We care about our guest and enjoy our jobs, especially on such a romantic day. Again, I appreciate you visiting us, having a pleasant stay and memorable occasion.
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The inn was affordable and a good value for the price. I booked through the red roof site and got a great rate for a very nice recently remodeled room! The exterior still looks like a typical red roof but the receptions area and guest rooms are very clean an d modern. I was very pleased with this red roof and would probably stay again if I were to ever return to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our recently renovated rooms. We provide flat screen television with high definition, new dream mattresses, wood floors and granite counter tops, at a sensible price. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Vanessa C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 11 in Akron
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Courtyard Akron Fairlawn
WoodSpring Suites Akron

Been to Red Roof Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!