“Great place to stay!:)”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Akron
Brackenridge, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay!:)”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were very happy with our stay. We were only here one night but it was a great experience. Our room was extremely clean! The front desk worker was very nice and helpful. If I am ever in the area again I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed May 2014
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay and you enjoyed the service provided by our Guest Service Representatives. We strive to make sure our guests feel like they have arrived at their home away from home. Our staff is known to be our strongest asset and this is a great testament to that. I will be sure to share this with our team and thank them for a job well done. We look forward to being of service to you on your next stay in Akron, Ohio.

Vanessa C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were looking for an affordable place to stay for a single night. Didn't need a lot of extras; but didn't want to skimp on quality, comfort, cleanliness. This hotel met all of our needs. The rooms were recently renovated so everything was attractive and new. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, a Starbucks across the street, and a Walmart within a stone's throw. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking time to give feedback from your most recent visit. We are delighted to hear the hotel and team met and exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. It is our pleasure to provide wood like floors, comfortable Serta bedding and flat screen- high definition televisions, for guests. We are fortunate to be able to walk to shopping, restaurants and convenient stores. I will be sure to share this with all associates and look forward to seeing you back at your home away from home at the Red Roof Inn Akron.

ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently stayed at this property for 1 night.I booked it because of price and TripAdviser ranking.This motel was ranked #2 in all of Akron.This motel wouldn't rank #2 in all of Somalia.The bedspread looked like someone was murdered on it.The room reeked of smoke.Smallest room I ever stayed in.I thought all motels in this day and age had shampoo and a hairdryer in the room but not this one.There was a micro and fridge but no hairdryer.Weird.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank clb281
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges we had in accommodating you during your visit. We have someone available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, to assist our guests with any concerns. I only wish we would have been contacted during your stay to make any issue right. This allows our guests to feel at home. I am very disappointed we were not able to satisfy your expectations. We have different room types available. Some include hairdryers, irons, ironing boards, coffeemaker, microwaves and refrigerators. While disappointing to read, your feedback is invaluable for us as we strive to be the Inn of choice in the Akron area. I will be sure to share your experience with my team so they understand how we can enhance our delivery. As I do not have your contact information, feel free to email me directly i0207@redroof.com, so I may apologize to you personally.

North Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I checked in and my room smelled like smoke, the sheets were dirty, burnt holes in the duvet, the paint was peeling off the wall, I found a dead roach underneath the table in my room, and the front door to my room did not lock. My husband hand to place the latch on the door in order to prevent someone from walking into my room. Overall this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in! If I could of tarated this hotel a zero, I would.

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank kstan006
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you felt disenchanted with your visit to our Inn. Our hassle free guarantee states, should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. We want the opportunity to resolve it prior to your departure. The hotel has gone through a complete renovation, as well as several bedding upgrades, the latest in the winter of 2013. We added some great upgrades in our main area and guest rooms including our HDTV, new paint, flooring and furniture. If you could, please reach out to me at i0207@redroof.com to discuss. We value your business and hope to be able to turn this around. Your comments are very helpful to us and we appreciate you taking the time.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our first stop as my Wife and I made the trip long arduous trip to Alaska. We stopped here for the night to get a good nights sleep after making our way from Binghamton NY. I had never stayed at a Red Roof inn but was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations provided by the hotel.

The hotel was located right next to a major interstate but be aware that this does not hinder the quality and comfort provided by the hotel. It is a very nice respectable establishment with spacious and tidy rooms and was more than we expected prior to checking in.

We checked in quite late as well and almost stayed across the street at a best western but the attenedant we spoke too at that hotel sounded very cranky and not quite happy to be there so we elected to stay here instead. I am glad we decided to do so as they were more than willing to accomodate us and our small dog.

Flat screen tv's and free wi-fi access was provided within the room as well as a spacious king bed. I believe if we had stayed any where else as close to the major interstate we would not have received as good a nights sleep as we did here.

I would certainly stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pet friendly establishment that not only has courteous and friendly employees but makes you feel welcome having stayed there in the first place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
WOW! What an amazing review. I could not wait to share your feelings with the team; they were thrilled to read it. Brandy and Courtney are superstars. I am very fortunate to work with such a wonderful group of individuals. It was nice to know the staff helped create wonderful memories for you, your wife and your four legged family member. I also appreciate your positive feedback regarding cleanliness; the Housekeepers are the hardest workers and deserve the recognition. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the flat screen television and WiFi access. You put a huge smile on everyone’s faces after reading this! Enjoy your trip to Alaska. We look forward to welcoming you at our Inn on your way back home. Again, I appreciate your excellent review.

New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Everything about my stay was great! There was great quality that was included with the price. I especially enjoyed the front desk staff who pointed out great places to explore within walking distance. Since I drive a large vehicle, I thought it would be more difficult for them to accommodate me. But they were so great about guiding me where to park! They also accepted my road trip buddy: Charlie the golden retriever! All in all I will definitely return, and recommend this establishment to anybody who is looking for great service, and a CLEAN room, at a low price.

Room Tip: Higher up as a better wifi connection.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for the great 5 star review. We are a hotel dedicated in providing consistent service, quality, and value. Our AAA diamond property is well located, pet friendly and clean. I am pleased to hear the staff was able to accommodate your needs throughout your stay. The hotel staff is happy to assist in any way they can to make our guests experience memorable. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were only there for one night, but like the other reviewers, we were so impressed with the lady at the front desk. The hotel is in a busy area with lots of restaurants and a Walmart right next door. I loved the 'wood' floors and the bedspreads appeared to be new. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at our hotel; however, the greatest compliment to receive is knowing that you experienced top notch service from our staff. Our team prides itself on providing lasting memories for our guests and I'm pleased that you had a notable visit. Our recently renovated rooms have new beds, pillows, sheets and duvets. Our guests enjoy watching sports on the flat screen televisions, exploring the internet with our complimentary WiFi and working at their spacious desks. Thank you for your loyalty; I look forward to welcoming you back to the Red Roof Inn Akron in the near future.

Vanessa C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 10 in Akron
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
WoodSpring Suites Akron
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn

Been to Red Roof Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!