“So glad we stayed again!”

Red Roof Inn Akron South
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Akron
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was so impressed again with how the staff made my children and I welcome! Since my husband was not able to travel with us this time, I was a bit stressed by the time we got there. The staff was so friendly and sweet to my children and one lady started joking and playing with them to allow me to get us checked in in peace! The room was clean and comfy and they really went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for the great feedback from your Akron Red Roof experience. I love the phrase "taken care of." It's so apt for the Red Roof Inn (with apologies for the lack of humility). We are very glad to hear that we were able to provide services and amenities that catered to you and your family! The staff and I are thankful every day that we have the privilege of hosting our guests in such a great town. We appreciate the comments you provided about the confidence of your stay and the overall friendliness of our team members. Every member of the staff takes great pleasure in making our guests feel truly at home. It was a wonderful pleasure taking care of you! We will be sure to share your thoughts with our staff. Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Akron South

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I decided to travel to Michigan from Georgia to visit his sister. After so many hours on the road we decided to give it a rest. We have had terrible experiences before with hotels, maybe our expectations were too high, I don't think so. We just wanted a clean, comfortable bed, and a clean shower at a reasonable price. We were very pleasantly surprised. The entire room was very nicely decorated and spotless. The bed was perfect with white on white linen and the pillows were to die for. We drank our water, showered and melted into the bed. The area was nice and quiet, we felt safe. Vanessa Cole, (I had to ask for her name) told us we would be fine and that we would enjoy our stay, we did. On top of that, the price was very reasonable and the fresh brewed coffee was the perfect send -off. We definitely will make the Red Roof Inn in Akron our stop on future trips. Very nice.

Room Tip: If the lobby is nicely decorated, and clean - the staff is attentive, knowledgeable and pleasant, I...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flor A

The work is its own reward when managing such a great place as the Red Roof Inn. From time to time a review comes along that just makes me smile -- yours was such a review. I am so pleased that you had a great experience, and I am very thankful that you took the time to post such a lovely review. The staff and I work very hard to strike the right balance between, as you say, "clean and comfortable, quiet and safe." We strive to offer a unique sense of place, to be quintessentially Akron, and I'm glad we hit the mark with you!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is the 2nd time that I have stayed here. For me to do that the service must be "AWESOME"!!!! Everybody was great with customer service and kindness. I do not want to spell her name wrong, but she was a nice sweet and short deer lady. I think she was the manager. You can tell that she has her staff trained very well. Whenever I am back I will definitely stay at that red roof

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rhin039
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for posting a super review about your recent visit to Red Roof Inn. The "Home away from home” tag captures exactly what we are trying to be for our guests. It is great to read that you enjoyed the location and the excellent service. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. I am humbled to work with a magnificent group of individuals that take pride in working for the Red Roof Inn brand.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

There were a couple of decent points about this place...they had a room and it was not filthy. After that I was not super pleased...my wife called while I was driving and was told that had a room for $84...when I got there I was told only room was a king for $100+...when I told them that she had just called, the lady found a single...for $100+...when I told her it needed to be a double...she actually looked and found one...for $100...It was 1:00 am...I was tired and so I told her I would take it...then had to ask if they took AAA...FINALLY...Oh yeah-we have it for $84...It should not take begging to get a good rate that we already called for, it should be offered in the thought of good customer relations. The room was not filthy...looks like it has been updated. The HVAC unit it the room looks to be the same one since the dawn of time...because of it the room felt wet...the sheets and the pillows and the air-everything felt wet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for the review, yet disappointed to read that you found the hotel to be nothing special. I apologize for the miscommunication with the rates. When potential guest ask for rates over the telephone, we quote rates without taxes, therefore I understand where there may have been confusion. We have a program in place to ensure that we check our guest room air conditioners on a regular basis. I know these small things can be very frustrating, so please accept my apologies for this. I have shared your review with the team and we will work on being more consistent in taking care of these simple appeals that are important to our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest again, so we are able to "WOW" you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this location! The staff that I regularly see is Steve, Jennifer Wolfe, Courtney, and Vanessa Cole. They all provide exceptional service and it makes my stay memorable. They always go above and beyond. I recommend this clean, comfortable, and welcoming place to stay! (:

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for posting a great review. There is no better commendation from a guest than stating that you will return. I want to thank you for being a loyal customer. There is a rewards program called the Redi-Card membership, please sign up prior to your next visit, so you are able to receive complimentary stays. I appreciate the excellent observations about our staff members and will share your wonderful remarks with the team. Our location is ideal for visiting the key attractions in the Akron and Canton area. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at this red roof. We had a great experience the first time and didn't think twice about coming again.
I'm seeing some not great reviews and I have to say we didn't experience any of the complaints some people are listing. We even became a little high maintenance this time because we had a major spill and used up our towels trying to clean it up. Not only did the gal doing laundry (I think Jen is her name) get us extra towels, but once the cute short manager (can't remember her name) heard about our mess she offered to switch our room for free for us. Both rooms were clean-before we ruined them;) -and free of any smell. This staff should really be commended. They are very pleasant and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for posting a first-rate review about the Red Roof Inn. It truly never gets old reading comments about friendly and accommodating staff, particularly when it comes from a loyal return customer. I am extremely grateful that you recognized the team and the service that they provided. It is a pleasure working with such a magnificent group of people on a daily basis. We look forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at Red Roof for one night & my stay was exceptional! The front desk Brandy blew me away with her kindness. She had an answer for every question regarding location, events, shopping & eating. She even called to make sure I was okay when I got to my room! My room was great! It was def up to date, had a beautiful bedspread & very clean bathroom! I smelled the clean as soon as I walked in! My wifi was perfect the whole time & I even enjoyed the HBO they offered! Upon checkout, they asked how everything was & I was amazed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area. Front desk, housekeeping, room status is all up to par! Go Red Roof!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for the super review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your comments about the quality of the hotel and service that you experienced. The Front Desk GSR, Brandy has been a wonderful addition to our Red Roof Inn family. She truly makes our guest feel at home. The Housekeepers take pride in their work and want to make sure guests feel delighted to stay at our property. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi and High Definition flat screen televisions with a variety of channels that include two HBO stations. Again, thank you for your gracious review and the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Akron.

Vanessa C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 11 in Akron
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Courtyard Akron Fairlawn
Hampton Inn Akron-South

Been to Red Roof Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!