Red Roof Inn Akron South
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$160
US$63
US$57
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanextra towelssuperior kinga great stayparking lotbudget hotelno frillswould definitely stay here againtwo night staygreat customer servicebusiness tripstaff was very friendlyangelawalmarthousekeepertowner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for one night and were not in the room much. Usually if I pay more than $70 for a hotel room we get some kind of breakfast. I did like the modern decor of the room. Also liked that the sink is outside of the bathroom so it is easier for a family to get ready. There was not a fridge or microwave in our room.

The check in with Vanessa was quick and she was very friendly. By the time we got back to our room we were ready for bed after a full day of travel. One of the beds in our room either had a stain on the sheets or it was dirty. It was too late to say anything to the front desk but I did mention it when we checked out. The lady that checked us out was very nice too and said she would mention the sheets at their meeting.

There was a funky smell in the room and the bathroom door did not shut all the way. (It was like it had swelled from being damp)

We had breakfast at Denny's the next morning and I looked at one of the trader magazines in Denny's entry. I was sick when I found out I could have saved $25 off the price I paid. It was exactly half of their advertised price.

If I were in the Akron area again I would probably get a room through hotwire or something. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with others. I want to apologize and let you know we value you as a guest. I am truly sorry for the issue with the aroma and sheets. We ask if you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. We want to resolve any issue prior to your departure and make it a pleasant stay. We have someone available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to assure our guests are taken care of. At Red Roof Inn, we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. Our goal is to offer a nice clean, well maintained room, at a great value and price, with exceptional service. Once again, please accept my apologies for your last stay; I hope you will give us another try next time you are in the Akron area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm shocked at how expensive hotels in Akron were. We spent one night here to fly out of Akron to save some money on air fare. Hotel was convenient to the airport. The young lady on the night shift was friendly, efficient, and juggled three guests who needed towels and pillows, bringing them to the room and managing the front desk of the hotel. Room was well decorated, very clean. Bed was comfortable. Great stay overall. Only complaint was the lack of a hair dryer.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel was probably quieter than those on the other side facing the WalMart.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich L
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for the great recommendation on TripAdvisor. I know other travelers will appreciate reading your comments. Yes, the airport is only seven miles away and convenient to get around. I am glad you enjoyed our Inn’s location, as well as the quality, comfort and cleanliness of our guestrooms. We offer an economical and standard hotel in the city of Akron. What really makes us stand apart is the passion and dedication of our colleagues; they will be honored to see they were mentioned in your review. We offer upgraded rooms that include microwaves, refrigerators, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards for a nominal charge of $5.00 to $10.00. Again, thank you for your review. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back at the Red Roof Inn, Akron.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was looking for a nice and affordable room for the night, all of the local hotels were booked, and my wife is very picky when it comes to hotels rooms. The next thing available was the Red Roof Inn. For sure my wife was against it; however the desk clerk was very helpful, and polite. She showed us the actual rooms we would have to choose from, and assured us we would be satisfied with our stay. She was right, we loved the room. The location was great as well. And the rate was the best. Ms. Vanessa I really appreciate your help and making us feel like family. Her professionalism was top notch. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank imr1ch1
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for being our guest and the excellent review on TripAdvisor! We are so delighted that you had a pleasant experience and we truly appreciate your business! We know there are lots of great hotels in our area, yet appreciate you making us your hotel of choice while in Akron. We are known for our clean, comfortable rooms and our courteous, friendly staff. We take pride in the level of customer service our staff provides and the extra amenities that we offer. I am very humbled by your kind remarks and appreciate having thoughtful guests as yourselves. Your wife was pleasant and I am pleased to hear she was content with her visit. It is our pleasure to have you all as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This Red Roof was a fine place to stay, but there were NO extras. No pool, no breakfast, no extra towels. It was clean enough, and a decent place to rest after a long day at the ball fields. The price was reasonable when compared to other hotels in the area.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MommaMabs
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear about your experience and appreciate the comments. Our goal is to offer a good value and a clean and well maintained guestroom. We are thrilled that you found us to offer just that. At the Red Roof Inn, we provide complimentary WiFi, coffee and upgraded television channel line-up. The Front Desk staff is able to provide extra towels, upon request. We find pleasure in giving our guest the same value and service as other brand hotels do without charging outrageous fees. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit the ball fields in Akron.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were here for 3 nights. Check in was fine and the girls were nice. But once we got to the room:
Specifically asked for a nonsmoking room. Got one but it OMG the smoke smell was horrendous. When my husband went to the desk to tell them about it they said "oh well we won't charge you the fee for smelling like smoke". ?
No shampoo or conditioner.
No coffee pot
Bed covers were stained.
Three used bath cloths hanging up on shower rod.
Shower had a high pitch scream every time it was used.
The floors were nasty.
Definitely will pay more somewhere else next time if it means a cleaner
Hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Heard P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry about the smoke aroma in your guestroom. I do want to let you know that we are diligent in staying 100% smoke free. At check in, we notify guests that if they violate our non-smoking policy they will be charged a fee. Once again I am sorry for this inconvenience and we are looking into the matter. Please accept my apologies if one of our staff members at the Front Desk did not come across as being hospitable. We enjoy seeing our guests happy and feeling at home. We strive to deliver the highest level of service and ensure that you visit us again; this is an important part of our commitment to our guests. We do offer complimentary shampoo for our guests. Extra toiletries can be requested at the Front Desk. For convenience, the coffee makers we provide use the individually wrapped coffee cups placed in the coffee basket. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your three day visit. We ask if you have a concern (i.e. the operation of the shower head, bed covers and washcloths) during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. We want to resolve your concern prior to your departure and make it a pleasant stay. We have someone available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to assure our guests are taken care of. At Red Roof Inn, we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. We are honored to have you and your husband as our guests. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.