“Go for the experience - Stay for the food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 469 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home of the award-winning Galley Boy! Friendly curb runners serving up fresh, never-frozen burgers, shakes, & crispy extras since 1934!
montreal
“Go for the experience - Stay for the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I visited this location because it was recommended on Trip Advisor when I was planning a trip to Akron, OH. It's like stepping into a "way back machine" - there's not many Drive Ins like this left. It's a foodie experience - the boys are always on the run from car to car. The service is quick & even if you have to wait a bit, it's entertaining to watch. The onion rings very good, burgers are good & fries just OK. Although I didn't have one - they have milkshakes - another thing you don't find everywhere anymore. Tip: If you're in a hurry, you can phone your order in ahead of time and the boys will run it out to your car when you arrive.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Atwater, Ohio
“I will sit in the car on a blistery winter day to eat one of these burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been going to Swenson's for over thirty years. My mom would take my sister and I to the S. Hawkins location when we would visit our great aunt. Something we always looked forward to. Over 30 years later and the burgers are still amazing. You won't find a better burger, order of fries or chocolate milkshake anywhere. I am so stuck on what I love there, that I never try anything else! Not living terribly close, if I am anywhere in the vicinity of a Swenson's I have to go there. Summer or winter, I WANT THAT BURGER! I will sit in the car on a sub-zero day and brave the cold for all the deliciousness that is Swenson's. One of my all-time favorites!

• Visited May 2014
somewhere
“Best burgers in Akron, and in the top 10 in the USA, don't miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Classic drive in, with simple food. Their burgers are sweet and delicious. Yes they add a little sugar in that meat. One of the best burgers I have ever had anywhere. The onion rings are to die for. Top notch service the old fashioned way. Eat it in your car with a window tray. As the other reviewer said this is an Akron Icon which is absolutely true. They get busy, but food is served quickly and efficiently. One of the best restaurants in Ohio and one of the top old school drive-ins left in the USA. Don't miss it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank greenluck007
Akron, Ohio
“TOO SWEET”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

an interstytion in Akton, but I find the burgers to full of sugar and they put way to much onions on them... saying that everyone in Akron does live and die for Swensons so give it a try

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dahlonega, Georgia
“ A local icon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Fast curb side service, excellent burgers make for an excellent experience. Try it, you'll love it. ....