“Don't order a salad!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Crave
Ranked #6 of 469 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High St.
Transit: Because of our location in the heart of downtown Akron, numerous public transit stops create convenient access .
Richfield, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't order a salad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I went to Crave for the first time and I did not read Trip Advisor first. I am vegan so my choice of lunch items was limited. At the recommendation of the server I order the beet salad for $9. While the presentation was nice the amount of beet greens could fit in the palm of my hand. The beets were tough and not flavorful at all! I asked for more vegetables because I could not get the cheese but I only saw about 3 grape tomatoes cut in half. This salad would have been the perfect size with an entree. My lunch companions liked their meals ( steak wrap and BLT.) Luckily I ordered a cup of tomato soup which was delicious. I should have ordered a bowl of soup and not the salad.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Bonnie J

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hostess and bartender ( the older blonde) very rude. Won't go back!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Meal was cold. The people we were with had a hair on the mahi tuna, manager had the nerve to bring the same dish out and act like we were making it up! Oh and had the cheese and meat appetizer except there wasn't any cheese. Then when we checked out, my bank alerted me that they automatically gave themselves a 20& tip. When I asked they had the nerve to blame the bank. Really!! Won't go back for sure!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank maltierikallmeyer
Oxford, Michigan
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This was dinner with friends before a show at a nearby venue - the service was quick and perfect. The food sections were great and my food was tasty and reviews from the table agreed. Would certainly go there if I was in town in the future.

Visited June 2014
Bexley
“Crave is Worth a Try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited this last weekend and were surprised by the area. It is in a great location near the art museum. Use the parking garage across from the art museum - it is free after 5PM. The area appears to be in an arts community. The food was good but a tad overpriced. The Romaine salad, similar to a Caesar salad, was missing the anchovies. I added tuna. The service was ok - the waitress stopped by briefly after dinner was served then was busy with other tables. My date's meal was a small serving for the price. They forgot the vegetable with the dinner. The bar area looked like a nice place to hang out. We were just passing thru and meeting friends, therefore we won't make a special effort to divert to this direction. Outdoor seating was along a busy street. It is worth a try but a little pricey if you order a glass of wine and an appetizer.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great place in downtown Akron”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This place was surprisingly good. It has a great atmosphere and the service was excellent; not too intrusive but still there when you needed something. Food quality was also very good. I got the "Airline Chicken" and it was so epic. A phenomenal combination of bold flavours that everyone craves. Some items on the menu can be expensive but they have a fair amount of things at a decent price. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks and support a local place like Crave than go to Applebees or Chilis and regret it the next morning.

Been to Crave? Share your experiences!