“What Did LeBron Order? Give Me That.”
Review of Crave

Crave
Ranked #7 of 479 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High St.
Transit: Because of our location in the heart of downtown Akron, numerous public transit stops create convenient access .
Tubac, Arizona
“What Did LeBron Order? Give Me That.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Crave is a funky, fun restaurant in downtown Akron, Ohio. I've eaten there half a dozen times and have always had a good meal. For lunch, I love the cornflake crusted pan seared Chix sandwich on sourdough bread. Fabulous. For dinner, I recommend the fried chicken (spicy!) on maple-syrup laden waffles. What a treat. The ribs are very good, too. For starters, the N.E. clam chowder was the real deal - think and creamy and loaded with clams, just like they do it in Maine. Service could have been faster but the waiter was a pro and kept us happy with bowls of homemade chips and drinks. As for LeBron…well, I don't know if that was The King two booths down but he certainly could dunk if he wanted to.

1 Thank RJClancy

Richfield, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't order a salad!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I went to Crave for the first time and I did not read Trip Advisor first. I am vegan so my choice of lunch items was limited. At the recommendation of the server I order the beet salad for $9. While the presentation was nice the amount of beet greens could fit in the palm of my hand. The beets were tough and not flavorful at all! I asked for more vegetables because I could not get the cheese but I only saw about 3 grape tomatoes cut in half. This salad would have been the perfect size with an entree. My lunch companions liked their meals ( steak wrap and BLT.) Luckily I ordered a cup of tomato soup which was delicious. I should have ordered a bowl of soup and not the salad.

1 Thank Bonnie J
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hostess and bartender ( the older blonde) very rude. Won't go back!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Meal was cold. The people we were with had a hair on the mahi tuna, manager had the nerve to bring the same dish out and act like we were making it up! Oh and had the cheese and meat appetizer except there wasn't any cheese. Then when we checked out, my bank alerted me that they automatically gave themselves a 20& tip. When I asked they had the nerve to blame the bank. Really!! Won't go back for sure!!!

1 Thank maltierikallmeyer
Oxford, Michigan
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was dinner with friends before a show at a nearby venue - the service was quick and perfect. The food sections were great and my food was tasty and reviews from the table agreed. Would certainly go there if I was in town in the future.

Visited June 2014
Bexley
“Crave is Worth a Try!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited this last weekend and were surprised by the area. It is in a great location near the art museum. Use the parking garage across from the art museum - it is free after 5PM. The area appears to be in an arts community. The food was good but a tad overpriced. The Romaine salad, similar to a Caesar salad, was missing the anchovies. I added tuna. The service was ok - the waitress stopped by briefly after dinner was served then was busy with other tables. My date's meal was a small serving for the price. They forgot the vegetable with the dinner. The bar area looked like a nice place to hang out. We were just passing thru and meeting friends, therefore we won't make a special effort to divert to this direction. Outdoor seating was along a busy street. It is worth a try but a little pricey if you order a glass of wine and an appetizer.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Crave? Share your experiences!