Econo Lodge
Courtyard Akron Downtown(Akron)
US$172
US$146
Courtyard
Red Roof Inn Akron South(Akron)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$63
US$57
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I had to write a review and comment on this property. I have been staying at this Hotel since the late 90's when it was a BEST WESTERN. I have since stayed here 3 times since it has changed to a choice hotels brand. Here is what u need to know about this hotel.

THIS IS AN OLDER HOTEL!
THIS is TYPICALLY A $60/NIGHT HOTEL ON TRAVEL SITES
THIS WtOULD BE LISTED AS A 2 STAR HOTEL ON MOST SITES
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I typically try to stay at Crowne Plaza's when I travel, but not every city has 1, and sometimes you have to rough it.... i have seen reviews that said, "my room didnt have a fridge, my room didnt have many chanels on tv" who cares, its an affordable place to sleep. I have never had a disgusting room, the staff is friendly, and some sort of free meal is included, what more do you want???

Now the free breakfast...... REALLY, are you really going to complain about free food on a $60 room? Some hotels put out doughnuts, some have more. NOOONE SAYS You HAVE TO PARTAKE!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank d h
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I was very concerned after reading all of the negative comments about this hotel. My wife is very partictular about where she stays, so I tried to warn her that we might need to turn around and walk out once we saw it. Yes, the outside looks bad and there were a couple of guys standing by the door that didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeliing. The girl at the desk checked me in but was not that friendly (probally just delt with the guys out front). Drove around back and into our room. We got the suite with the spa for one night away from home. Room was very clean, but you could see it had aged. Clock was missing which was ok by me (told morning clerk about it). Spa worked great (plenty of hot water) and the shower was the best I have used in any hotel for years. Double room suite was very comfortable and we had a good nights stay. Its a large hotel and the fact that not many people were staying on a Sunday night was a little apprehensive. Some werido pulled the fire alarm at 6am and the night clerk had to call the maintenance guy to come in and turn it off (rang for about a half hour). Morning clerk was very friendly and breakfast was better than I thought it would be for so few customers. No bugs, no hair, no real problem ... just an older hotel trying to make it through. Get the suite if you come, its worth the extra $18 bucks, if you smoke, which my wife does and is the reason we came to this hotel in the first place.

Room Tip: Chose the suite with spa.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My work set me up here for a night. My car is the only one in a dimly lit pothole filled lot. My room has no microwave or fridge, 2 burnt out lights, and NO hot water. Half the rooms heaters are broken (according to management).

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed here while on business. My experience started by navigating past the huge pot holes in the parking lot. In the lobby I noticed the carpeting appeared to need to be cleaned. When I arrived in my room, the carpeting appeared a little newer but had obvious coffee stains. The tile in the shower showed mildew between the tile and I was grossed out to find a face cloth on top of the shower curtain that was still damp from the previous guests.

The internet connection was weak, unreliable and slow.

The staff was friendly and professional, but it doesn't make up for the condition of the hotel. I suggest making a different choice until this one is remodeled.

Room Tip: best rooms will be in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

This was a late night stop when we couldn't drive any farther. Usually I always check the reviews and I learned my lesson. This place was just disgusting. The smell of mildew was overpowering the minute you walked in. The 6 terminix roach traps in plain sight in the room left me with that creepy crawly feeling all night long. The shower was like warm for the first 7 minutes. Always a great way to start your day. After the 7 min it was semi hot. I was here with my dad and he insisted on trying the continental breakfast which I had a gut feeling would be a bad choice. I was right. stale everything!!! The waffle mix was even off. Don't ever stay here. I would have rather slept in the pickup

• Stayed: December 2012