“Very Pleased”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Akron
Reviewed 7 May 2008

I was very suprised by the way I was treated from the minute I called to make my reservation until I had checked out. The clerk who made my reservation was also the clerk who checked me in. Barbara had a very pleasant and out going personality and treated me with great respect. She is a great asset to your motel. The room was very clean and ready when I arrived. I had stayed at a Raddison the night before for a much higher rate and the rooms were almost identical. The Radisson did not include a continental breakfast with their room. When I need a room in the Akron area in the future I will be staying at the Best Western.
Thank You for a Pleasant and Refreshing night of rest.

Jeff

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank Firefighter0088

Reviewed 13 March 2008

Not only was the hotel disgusting the house keeping staff were rude, loud, and woke us up every morning during our stay! The room reeked of mold and there were giant holes in our mattresses. Pubic hair was found on towels and in the bathroom. The only food option around the hotel is a gas station Subway. I highly recommend NOT STAYING HERE!!!!

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank cmfsing
Reviewed 30 January 2006

Our group stayed at this hotel while in Akron for a meet. We pre-booked 6 rooms but upon arrival they only had us down for three, luckily they had extra's available. One of our group took a bath and we recieved a call from the front desk asking if someone was showering without the curtain in the tub because the room below us was reporting a leak. When we got up in the morning most of the group had no hot water for showers. We spoke with other guests and they had the same story. We arrived back at the hotel late (11:30pm) from our meet only to find they had re-coded all the room keys even though they knew we were staying another night. Again in the morning there was not enough hot water for showers.

Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank Carole D
Reviewed 5 April 2005

I am not a Best Western fan, having been to a few that were not clean or comfortable. However, my daughter and I were visiting in Tallmadge, OH and needed to stay somewhere close. Since this motel is right off Interstate 76 at Gilchrist Road and practically in Tallmadge (other choices are Kent and Akron/Canton), we decided to give it a chance. And are we ever glad we did! From the outside it looks like it might be deserted or not open, but that is because a restaurant that is attached to the motel has closed and it fronts the property. The motel has been recently renovated and is one of the cleanest places I have stayed in regardless of price. The rooms are very large (we had 2 queen beds), the bathroom small but with tons of counter space and a clean tub/shower. This is one motel I felt I could actually take a bath in the tub if I wanted to. The lobby is small but neat and has a nice wide staircase to the upper floor. All the outside doors are security-locked and need a room card to open them. The complimentary Continental breakfast was excellent with a variety of rolls and muffins, bagels, juices, cereal, fruit and coffee/tea. A roomy area to sit down and eat, TV and newspapers. They have a very nice looking pool in a courtyard that is closed in by the buildings in the complex so it's nice and private to the guests. I understand that it is also heated. The staff is very friendly and the price was an incredible $59/night. After reading some negative reviews of a nearby motel in Kent that we originally had thought we would stay at, this choice was even more outstanding. I would recommend this Best Western to anyone in the area. It is close to Akron/Canton, Kent and everything nearby.

8  Thank GitanaUSA