“Just what the doctor ordered!”

WillowBrooke Bed 'n Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Alexandria B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Just what the doctor ordered!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

If you have never been here, you are missing out! I have stayed in the guest house a couple times and in the Garden Suite once. I plan on visiting within the next few weeks. It's only 1/2 hour from Columbus and so reasonably priced. Sandra and Richard are so accommodating and kind. The breakfasts are over the top! Don't miss you on this one. Almost forgot the Peacocks! They're fabulous.

Room Tip: If you like a Jacuzzi (heart shaped) get the Garden Suite, it's the best Jacuzzi and even has a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is by far the best bed and breakfast i have ever stayed in. We go every year now in march and go just to get away even for one night! The other occupants that stayed were extremely friendly and had lots of stories to tell. You feel at home at the Inn. If i could move there i would!

Room Tip: The cottage was the best so far a lot of sun and privacy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary at WillowBrooke and it exceeded our expectations. It was a romantic lovely place and the hostess was outstanding. We stayed two nights and I was sad when we had to leave. The grounds were beautiful and it was very secluded and private. We stayed in the Garden Suite and have decided that this will be our annual anniversary getaway. It has been a long time since I have been so relaxed because we really didn't have to worry about anything. The room was clean and beautiful with our own private patio where the peacocks visited every morning as well as the deer. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I really dropped the ball for our 14th wedding anniversary so I was determined to make up for it for the 15th. Well, that was last June 29th, 2012...and as we were on our way to Willowbrooke for a 2 night stay, that derecho storm blew through that knocked power out across Ohio for over 1 million people. Sandra called us right away to tell us her power was out and suggested we cancel our plan. She, of course, didn't charge us. It was a good thing because we needed the money to repair damage at home. We spent the next 10 days without power and it was upper 90's, maybe even a couple 100 degree days that week.
Well as our 16th was drawing near, I began searching the internet for the best place while keeping Willowbrooke on the radar. I determined after my research, Willowbrooke still seemed to be the best place in central Ohio. Willowbrooke is a fantastic getaway nestled well off the road and surrounded by a mature woods. Sandra was a very courteous host that is a master at determining how much or little time her guests want to be around others. We recommend you spend some time asking Sandra questions though because she has some great stories and insights after hosting for 25 years. The whole experience is a surreal escape from everything and was genuinely relaxing. Willowbrooke is certainly suitable for a romantic getaway but really works for just any weekend you feel like a night away from home. The price is right so why go stay at a hotel? Willowbrooke can easily be a home away from home if you live in the area. I am sure we will be visiting Sandra and the peacocks again. In fact, I'm thinking it would be a wonderful winter stay with fireplaces and a covered outdoor hot tub. Keep a light on for us when the snow starts flyin, Sandra...and thanks again for your professionalism, friendliness and attention to detail.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric Daniel B
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2013

A very relaxing two day stay at this extremely clean and well kept B&B. A beautiful setting in the woods surrounded in the beauty of nature and wildlife. If you looking for some time for relaxation and total serenity, I highly recommend this place. The owner/host was such a delightful person and prepared wonderful hot breakfasts each morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dale T
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed this weekend to celebrate my birthday. We've never stayed at a bed and breakfast and didn't know what to expect. We fell in love with this place. We stayed in the Garden suite and it was beautiful. It was very clean and Sandra made us feel at home. She was very helpful and kind. The breakfast was delicious and I honestly did not want to leave. We will definately be coming back on a future romantic getaway!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Cdnwifey
Londonderry
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We fell in love with WillowBrooke B&B! The beautifully decorated rooms take romantic to a new level. The breakfasts were filling and delicious. A beautiful peacock perched on our balcony each morning. We highly recommend this peaceful romantic retreat.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mcmahonjames
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Buxton Inn
#3 of 3 in Newark
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
Hampton Inn & Suites New Albany Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris

Been to WillowBrooke Bed 'n Breakfast? Share your experiences!