“Still Going Strong After 50 Years.....”

Doug's Classic 57 Drive In
Ranked #16 of 78 Restaurants in Alliance
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Still going strong after 50 years...and then some. I know our family has eaten here for at least that long. In the old days they had car hops who came out to your car, took the order and delivered your food on a tray that hooked onto your window.

The food is still good, although it's obvious they've cut back like every one to save money.

You'll enjoy the atmosphere, the service is acceptable and food is served hot.

My only complaint: The onion rings are huge and truly the very best I've ever enjoyed but the last few orders have sat in pools of oil like they were never blotted. Try them for size and flavor which are still maintained.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This restaurant has a nice, old atmosphere. The food is good, though it has seemed to slip in recent years a bit. It is not bad for the price and the service was good. I do love their pizzaburgers, something I can't get in my part of the world. I try to visit at least once when I go home (Alliance) once a year.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

On the road with the bike looking for someplace for breakfast and we saw this place. It looked kind of cool on the outside so we stopped in. It's small but the decor is pretty cool. The sausage & gravy was great and so were the pancakes. Check this place out if you are going thru Alliance Ohio

Reviewed 29 December 2012

This used to be a fantastic treat to eat here but same as so many other places.....Doug's seems to be cutting corners. The burgers used to be a nice misshapen hand pressed patty......the last one I ordered tasted like a premade freezer patty. The coleslaw gets more watered down every time, it might as well be cabbage and vinegar at this point. The coney sauce is very bland and tomato paste like. Nothing to right home about. It's ashamed because this used to be a solid place to eat 5 years ago!

1  Thank Shawn1981
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I've never been to the Alliance one, but my family and I love Doug's 57 in Minerva. It's the best food ever! It really looks like a 50's diner too. If you don't want to dine in, you can pick up your order in the drive thru. On a scale of 1 to 10, my family and I would rate this resturant 10+!

2  Thank JenWOhio