“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Live in the area and frequently eat there! Always find the food great, If you wish to have something to take home, order the "Porky Pig". Ask for the coleslaw on the side and just try and eat it all!
Waitress's and waiters are always polite and helpful!
Great place to eat, enjoy a cold beer!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The fish,shrimp and scallops are brought in frozen. The salad dressings are marzeti, pasta is not fresh, bbq sauce is cattelmans. After a few beers with friends at ziggys an ex employee told us the truth going on in the kitchen.
They sell you on a scratch kitchen but its just not true.
Our last meal there we had the prime rib, no idea why they grilled it,but the server said the owner didt know how to do prime rib. My wife had the tilapia and sent it back,the sauce was swimming with rancid crab. So gross, the owner walks around the place, he reminds me of a broken down chef in his golden years. Service was way to slow and the place has a strange odor.

4  Thank Jeff J
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Traveling I-80 and wanted to stop to eat. We avoid chain restaurants. This was a great find. After reading some reviews I was not feeling 100% about it but thought what the heck, let's give it a try. First good sign, the parking lot was full. We were seated right away and our server Rob was prompt and courteous. We had the alligator appetizer which was great. Nice spice. Dinner was tilapia and crab for my husband and I got a southwest chicken salad. The portions were more than adequate and boy did they taste wonderful. Fresh, cold and crunchy greens. Dessert looked amazing but we were too full to try it. Next time!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Late one day on the highway and stopped here on a recommendation by the Toll Booth operator. It was very busy but seated right away. My daughter and I split a combo, the BBQ was delicious, sauce tangy yet sweet. Service was excellent, would go back if we were on the Ohio Turpike near Amherst!!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've been several times. My experience has varied wildly from "ehhh" so so, to really good, to "OMG" I'm never coming back. My last experience was "OMG" not going back and havent. My last experience was unfriendly and unattentative service. They were busy but thats not my problem. There were some fries added to the entree' that I wouldn't feed my dog. They were limp and literally dripping with grease. The desserts looked great but what I had was average at best. Looked good, sucked me in and then...more ehhh...wasnt worth the calories. Yet another restaurant teetering on mediocrity. If you go, be very selective and ask questions or you will be disappointed, especially if they are busy.

1  Thank Anthony B