“Will Never use a Motel 6 Again”

Motel 6 Cleveland West - Lorain - Amherst
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I am a no fuss type of person. I have always prided myself in not needing fancy, expensive accomedations in a motel, and have stayed in several Motel 6s. Never, ever again. We arrived to a nonsmoking room which smelled heavily of smoke, and the swimming pool had fallen leaves floating in it. When entering, it looked pretty bad, but for 49.00, would be willing to overlook as it was for one night. AFTER my son's shower, and settled in for the night, realized commode was BROKEN and would not flush. We, still being flexible, moved to another room without being upset...yet. However, in the second room, the sink had 0 cold water, and the shower cycled regularly between scalding and cold water. It cycled regularly and was so hot that you had to move out from under the stream. The next AM when leaving, I kindly told the desk person about the additional problems only receiving an "OK" in response. Obviously, they are use to treating the customers this way. Today I received an email inviting me to fill in a survey about our stay. After doing so, I received back a form response with my name typed in from Motel 6 saying they were sorry and would correct it for the future. They appreciated me taking the time to fill it in. After a long hot day on Put-In-Bay and all of the major problems we had to deal with, the only thing I would appreciate would be a check back for my $49.00. I have never complained to a motel in the past. $49.00 should not give you luxury, but it should give you cleanliness and basic plumbing. Do not go there!

Room Tip: Do not go to Motel 6! That is what I learned from my night in Amhearst, Ohio.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rita5775

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is the worst motel ever, we had over a dozen bugs in both rooms, the rugs were very dirty and were not vacuumed, I put a bedspread on floor to walk on. Worst night of our 30 day road trip. thebeds were lumping and so soft I had a backache the next day.

Room Tip: don;t stay here spend a couple dollars more and get no bugs
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mytootsie
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a basic Motel 6. Not a remodeled higher-end property, but the carpet appeared to be new, the room was very clean, and the bed comfortable. I travel with pets, and this is a good place to stay. The staff is friendly, this was the second time I've stayed there. I reserve a room with fridge and microwave, since I'm there for several days. There is an extra charge for the fridge and micro, as well as for the wi-fi. It was explained that this wi-fi charge is standard with the 6s run by the company. There is a good 24-hour restaurant across the street, and several other options also within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank veracious1
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at this motel for a week. The room was dingy and dirty. There was no maid service. They came the evening before I left to change the linen and empty the waste basket. They charged extral for WiFi. There was no coffee pot, fridge or microwave. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MTraveler43
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Best Motel 6 I've ever seen! The room was spotless with new carpet. Well manicured property with nicely maintained pool. Front desk personnel were professional and hospitable. Quiet, comfortable, clean, and a great value for rock bottom prices. This is a keeper! Will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 2 July 2011

There was no excuse for the shape our room was in. Despite the friendliness of the staff thisis THE worst hotel I have ever been to. There were roaches, filthiness under the bed (sunflower seed hulls, dirty socks, and who knows what else; this is just what was visible), a bar of soap covered in pubic hairs left in the shower, etc. Seriously, this is the nastiest place I have ever stayed, bar none. If we had planned a longer stay, I would have demanded a refund! We only stayed two nights and I will never go back and I would not recommend this room to anyone, anywhere, on any budget, under any circumstances.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TheMiddletonCouple
Reviewed 20 July 2008

We booked this motel for a group going to the OGSO State Tournament. We booked this motel in part for the pool. We were promised the pool would stay open until Midnight and that was not the case. The pool was closed way before the time promised. Kids from numerous ball teams had nothing to do many players left and the rest were told that they had to go to their rooms. In the mean time others not from the ball teams ran up and down the halls, they were fighting and drinking beer and did so most of the night. We were greeted at our door at 5:30 am by them wanting to borrow a lighter then proceded to knock on doors to find one. The room was terribly filthy - If you stay here DO NOT look at your mattress or under your bed. There was wrappers, empty water bottles , garbage and cough drops under ours. There was hair and crumbs on our bed sheets. We also know for a fact that the rooms occupied by our team (the ones that decided not to stay) were never cleaned after they left and reserved out that way. This place is a joke very dirty. BEWARE!

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland West - Lorain - Amherst? Share your experiences!