“Hotel staff was very nice, but the hotel and room needs...”
Review of Days Inn Amherst

Days Inn Amherst
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 11 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Jyoti P, General Manager at Days Inn Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Jyoti P, General Manager at Days Inn Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've come to think of this Days Inn as my "home away from home" when I'm visiting Oberlin, which I try to visit twice a year - great concerts and one of the best art museum that you will find at any institution of higher education. But about the Inn - it is not fancy, but I don't come for fancy. I've always found it clean, the staff is friendly. At a very affordable rate I've gotten a room with a small refrigerator and a small microwave (not sure if all rooms have these), hair dryer, even an ironing board and iron. I've never been there during the summer, but there is an outdoor pool, which I assume would be welcome at the end of a hot day's travel. The breakfast is very basic (someone says "orange juice is not the real thing" - I'm not sure if they wanted fresh squeezed, but I've felt the OJ is as good as any I've gotten from the machine at any motel). There are toaster waffles and some Danish selections. And, for what you will save here, over most of the competition, you can get more of a breakfast at the adjacent Denny's or the nearby McDonalds. I don't come for the breakfast - I like the comfortable bed, the clean towels and bath, and the convenient location - near the turnpike interchange with Ohio 58, and straight north of Oberlin.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Jyoti P, General Manager at Days Inn Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your very kind review. And thank you for being a returning guest. I am glad to hear that the location, affordability, comfort and cleanliness has you coming back. You mentioned that on this stay you had a fridge and microwave in your room, unfortunately, those are in only a certain rooms and if needed they can be requested upon check in. But the other stuff you mentioned, hair dryer etc. are in every room. I will be passing this review on to all the staff, so they can enjoy it and see how well they are doing. Thank you again. Respectfully signed Kayla Hubbard, Assistant manager

Reviewed 15 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Jyoti P, General Manager at Days Inn Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was evening when we checked in and we were tired. But though I had a confirmation number the front desk told me my reservation had been canceled because my credit card had been declined. The clerk was nice but of no help and no manager was on duty. I reached my credit card (Amex) company by phone, who said they never even received a charge. The policy of not calling customers when a reservation is canceled left us in a terrible position. Eventually the clerk put us in the only free room, which was uncomfortable but clean.

Room Tip: Motel is back from street so rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ugofast
Jyoti P, General Manager at Days Inn Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your review. As well as staying with us. I understand it is irritating for a room to be cancelled. If you would like to contact the hotel and speak to me directly, I will explain the reason behind the cancellation. I thank you again, as well as apologize. Respectfully signed, Kayla Hubbard, Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It is a straight shot on Route 58 to Oberlin, if you are picking up or dropping off your young adult, or going to the Conservatory for an audition. Sure is cheaper than the Oberlin Inn! Breakfast is a bit better than continental (you could get waffles), though the orange juice was not the real thing. Room and bathroom are nice (albeit showing its age a bit, but very nice nevertheless). Internet was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel is quiet.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the first floor, there was a ramp so it is easy to get a lot of stuff in an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie B
Jyoti P, General Manager at Days Inn Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for your review, but I would like to thank you more for staying with us. Thank you for all the kind words in your review. I am very glad to hear that the location of close to Oberlin was a positive for you. I am also glad to hear that the hotel was nice and quiet, even though shows it's age. As well as, the helpful and friendly staff. I will be passing on your review for all the staff to read, so they can see that your kind words. Thank you again. I hope that you will return soon as a guest. Respectfully signed, Kayla Hubbard, Assistant Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#3 of 11 in Elyria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Holiday Inn Express Vermillion
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria

Been to Days Inn Amherst? Share your experiences!