Holiday Inn Express Ashland
US$63
Rodeway Inn(Mansfield)
US$71
US$61
All reviewspancakesbreakfast areanice hotelplace to staygood nights sleepbed was comfortablehiecarpethousekeepinghighwaychaindeskwoman
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel staff was very courteous and accomodating upon check-in. They had already read my request and had my room ready for me. I really appreciate not having to explain requsts again at the desk. The hotel is within reasonable distance to restaurants and other stores you might need. They gave me a two page list of restaurants within a couple miles or so.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was much better that the HIE that I stayed in last weekend in Michigan. This one has a pancake machine that makes fresh pancakes and rolls them out on your plate. There are scrambled eggs and sausage patties instead of premade omlets. And of course, the warm cinnamon rolls.
I stayed two nights on business and would stay again if I came to this area. Like the other reviewers said, you can hear every step above you, but I must have had an adult, because I only heard them a few times and they didn't run a lot across the floors. My BIGGEST complaint was the location of the desk, as it is 3 feet away from the air conditioner. If you want to work at the desk, cold air blows right on you! I tried mong to the end of the desk, but it didn't help. I had to turn the air completely off, no fan at all, to get any work done. My suggestion would be to switch the dresser/micro/fridge unit and the desk. Then, you could work without the wind!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I see a lot of reviews from people traveling through the area. My family has lived here for decades and we visit fairly often. The hotel is hands down the cleanest on this side of Ashland. Every member of the staff who I encountered was friendly and said hi to me in the hall. We got a great rate on our room so the customer service was an added bonus. The pool and rooms were clean. Nice modern lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keri F
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Hotel was less expensive than reported on line. Staff was professional and friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Not a whole lot to do near the hotel but the pool looked nice. Would definitely
stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Beth S
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is a fairly ordinary freeway exit hotel and I usually despair of finding anyplace to walk at these locations. I was very pleasantly surprised, then, to find the Audubon Nature Trail just a short walk up the side street that adjoins the hotel. There are 128 acres of wetlands and forest and although you can hear the highway everywhere in the park, it's a relief after a long drive to get out in the woods and stretch your legs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear EarthmanByron,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad that you find our location convenient to the Audubon Nature Trail which you have enjoyed. We appreciate your review and we would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed here two nights for business. It was clean, the staff was friendly. The free breakfast was pretty slim. We actually went down the street to Bob Evans the second morning. I thought it was over priced.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Ray O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. I appreciate your feedback as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.