Holiday Inn Express Ashland
US$42
US$134
QualityInn
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspancakesbreakfast areanice hotelplace to staygood nights sleepbed was comfortablehiecarpethousekeepinghighwaychaindeskwoman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My 10 year old grandson and I stopped here on a road trip for one night only. Check-in was so fast and friendly, Jen Caldwell and Bizzy went out of their ways to be accommodating to us! Our room was super clean, beds very comfortable. My grandson enjoyed beating me at a game of billiard a in the game room after dinner. The free breakfast was typical fare, but very clean and well-tended by a nice lady who kept everything stocked and clean. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Best hotel in area, close to restraunts and highway. Internet is slow, takes to long to get on. Work out room equipment is all junk, not working right. Had a room with separate shower stall. No where to hang a towel when taking a shower. Staff is friendly and courteous. Rooms clean. No place outside to go run or walk safely.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Ellsworth T,

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to know you like our location and friendly staff. We are disappointed to read that you received poor hotel facilities and slow internet service during your stay and we apologize for any inconvenience encountered. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here for one night on business in September and this is what you would expect from an HI Express. There is ample and well-lit parking. Checking was very smooth and the staff was friendly. The room was large and clean and the internet was quick. Breakfast was run of the mill for HI Express, but they kept everything clean and the breakfast was staffed continuously.

If you are traveling with a family, the indoor pool is large, but pretty basic. They also have a game room with a pool table. There is a Walmart within a 1/4 mile if you need it. Nothing fancy, just a solid property.

Room Tip: On the second floor, there is a stairwell in the center of the property and the door is quite loud. Avoid rooms around this door.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We thankfully made our reservations ahead of time. When we got to the hotel we waited at least 10-15 minutes to get someone to show up behind the counter, only to realize he was outside smoking the whole time. The room itself was very nice and comfortable. I wanted to go relax in the pool but when I got down there it was turning green and had a film covering the water. So disappointing after driving 7 hours. Probably would not stay at this particular hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My son and I arrived in Ashland quite late, after driving many hours. When we pulled into the lot there was a group of men outside the hotel door. If my tall college son hadn't been with me, I would not have stopped here! The front desk agent was helpful but took quite a while to get us checked in. The carpets in the elevator and hallways are stained and dirty. The room was nice, as was the bath. Best toiletry set up I've ever seen for a hotel at this level: shampoo, condition, shower gel, mouthwash, lotion, shoe shine cloth, makeup remover and more...loved that!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear formerexpatCT,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you liked the room amenities. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D